Voilamart Ebike Front / Rear Wheel Motor Kit Review

jordan

Local time
4:25 AM
Ive got two Voilamart branded kits from eBay. Been using over a year and both are still fine. Relatively cheap and have worked well for me.

Most expensive and important choice is the battery. I also got 2 eBay batteries. One of them has crapped out. You want to make sure you’re getting a quality battery with cells from someone like LG, Samsung, or Sony.

The ones with no name Chinese cells are hit or miss.

If you need help finding something specific, let me know. Would be glad to help out.

Voilamart 1000w rear hub kit, $197 to my door. 48v 20ah batt on amazon $355 w tax, to my door. The bike I have. You can get a smaller cheaper battery.

Didn't have much luck with the Voilamart 1000 watt motor...went through 2 of in less than 200 miles. Also I found you need to keep the controller in the fresh air or it will overheat. Don't mount it in the bag...

My Voilamart kit has about 8,000 miles on it running high power and no problems.

My equation for inexpensive, yet decent ebike setup
  • VoilaMart 48v 1000w kit for $150-170
  • Em3ev Infineon Controller for $92
  • Source a local battery builder if possible for a 52v battery that has a BMS that handles 40-50amps constant
  • Costs vary, but plan on $350-400 on battery
  • Smile per dollar factor is huge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Voilamart uses genuine 9c "continent" motors, not knockoffs. I've run several of them all the way up to 72 volts. My daily driver is a 60v, 50 amp BMS driven Voilamart. Bonus. Voilamart actually correctly tensions the spokes so they don't loosen and break. Most of the other companies don't. I have over 8,000 miles on one of these motors. Other bike about 2,300 miles.

Rear 1500 watt and 1000 watt. Some have said the 1500 watt has thicker phase wires. Both mine are identical. Only difference was controller. I dumped the 22 and 25 amp controllers and bought $45.00 or so, 45 amp controllers off AliExpress. Was in no hurry or would have spent $55.00 on Fleabay.

So, would you suggest to buy a 1000W rear motor? What do I do if it doesn't perform well? Seems like it would suck to spend 200 bucks on a motor and it ends up failing after a few hundred miles.

I've had a Voilamart 48v 1000w front hub kit for a couple of years now and just took off my Raleigh hybrid, and installed it on a Retrospec Chatham beach cruiser my wife gave me for Christmas. No problems with it so far and surprisingly powerful...
20210102_180854.jpg
20210102_180254.jpg

So, would you suggest to buy a 1000W rear motor? What do I do if it doesn't perform well? Seems like it would suck to spend 200 bucks on a motor and it ends up failing after a few hundred miles.
Personally I have had bad experiences with voilamart. Will not give any warranty. If you buy from them be prepared to do your own repairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've built 6 Voilamart 1000W bikes now, several for myself and a few for friends. 1st one I made a year ago has almost 2000 miles on it and is still going strong. Ive got one that rides the trails and I want to make it 2WD so adding another drive wheel on the front wheel. I'll have to make some other modifications. But where can I buy the wheel by itself?

I just ordered a Violamart 40v 1000 W front kit. Some hints on installing and setting it up would appreciated.
it’s going on a Trek Navigator hybrid men’s bike.

Back