Voilamart customer service

notsure

Local time
9:10 AM
I've bought a number of 48V 1000W kits from Voilamart and found them Ok, however the weak point was the throttle which they previously didn't sell as a single item so it got expensive buying a new kit every time. That was my only previous moan.

I'm using a 48V 12AH battery on this kit and it's fine but I wanted more range so tried a 48V 20AH battery. It fried the controller. I've asked Voilamart UK Official if their new 1500W controller they're selling as a separate item would be suitable to handle this battery but all I've had in response was we are Chinese and don't understand you.

My crude understanding of Ohms law is P=IV, power in Watts = current in Amps x Voltage. Where have I gone wrong?
48x12=576W so this stuff can take more right? 48x20=960W still should be good. All I did was assemble this on a test bench under no load so no peak current but the controller fried.

Are they punching above their weight with these numbers, I've been trying to get them to tell me their 1500W advertised controller wont blow up with this battery but they're not playing, so no sale on a new Controller and I'm stuck with an expensive battery I cant use.

Thanks for still reading. The question is has anyone else tried this and got it to work or does anyone want a brand new 48V 20AH battery at a very reasonable price?

I don't know how you fried your controller. Technically you shouldn't be able to burn out the controller with a high amperage battery. As long as the voltages are the same, the controller will only suck whatever amps it needs from the battery.

The Voilamart listing for the 1500W controller states the following: 48 Volt electrokinetic cell battery with a nominal capacity not less than 14.5Ah is required. Source: https://www.amazon.com/Voilamart-Electric-Conversion-Programmable-Controller/dp/B07FVQPKYV

So you should be all good with a 20Ah battery on the 1500W controller since it it rated high enough to run the controller.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
My Hub Drive is a Voilamart 1500w rear hub motor kit. I changed the controller. Ya can overvolt the Voilamart like crazy.

I run it at 25amps with a 52v 35ah battery......no sweat at all.

Also get statorade to help with cooling on the hub drive. I went with a controller from Grin technologies, Then went back to
the stock Voilamart 1500w controller and a bigger battery..the one i said above.

All works great, 40+MPH and good hill pulling with the capability to pedal and help at around 30mph.

There are settings you need to change to suit your needs.

Am sort of confused here o_O

I brought a new controller 48v 1500w the sw900 version.... and they sent the non sw900 controller instead after various emails they admitted they had sent the wrong item but only offered me a 20% refund its absolutely disgusting and will no longer be doing business with this company all should take note of the poor customer services even when they mess up

I've bought a number of 48V 1000W kits from Voilamart and found them Ok, however the weak point was the throttle which they previously didn't sell as a single item so it got expensive buying a new kit every time. That was my only previous moan.

I'm using a 48V 12AH battery on this kit and it's fine but I wanted more range so tried a 48V 20AH battery. It fried the controller. I've asked Voilamart UK Official if their new 1500W controller they're selling as a separate item would be suitable to handle this battery but all I've had in response was we are Chinese and don't understand you.

My crude understanding of Ohms law is P=IV, power in Watts = current in Amps x Voltage. Where have I gone wrong?
48x12=576W so this stuff can take more right? 48x20=960W still should be good. All I did was assemble this on a test bench under no load so no peak current but the controller fried.

Are they punching above their weight with these numbers, I've been trying to get them to tell me their 1500W advertised controller wont blow up with this battery but they're not playing, so no sale on a new Controller and I'm stuck with an expensive battery I cant use.

Thanks for still reading. The question is has anyone else tried this and got it to work or does anyone want a brand new 48V 20AH battery at a very reasonable price?
Same here, built two personal voilamart 1500w kits both run of 20ah. Built 1000w for customer, tested 29 mph for several miles with with one of my 20ah batteries. No problems

My understanding is if voltage the same no problem. Controller only draws what it needs. The amp hour figure just determines how long and cool your battery can run.

Back