Velowave Ghost love the bike hate the seat

Mysery

Local time
11:48 AM
I've tried 2 different seats and still haven't found one I like. I can't get it back far enough or find one wide enough. It looks like a custom one is in my future. I've already changed out the handle bars and a riser which helps some.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've tried 2 different seats and still haven't found one I like. I can't get it back far enough or find one wide enough. It looks like a custom one is in my future. I've already changed out the handle bars and a riser which helps some.
I feel that I need to raise the handlebars. May I ask what you went with l. I’m 5’11”. I read the frame fits up to a 6’2” person, so I’m confident I can make this work. Thanks I’m advance.

This is the link to the handlebars I ordered. https://a.co/d/cODUHUM
And here is the link to the riser I ordered. https://a.co/d/4z4XhdA
4XOqim1NnWEjj-xmSKHETifByxvz9vGrGqILtNO936lKDoKkW5RyOW9hl42cGn3LGD6YaPNtYYtKNOIb_3ErjXBQ7jZS6O0YDHNAuib-bZHZprxXUMmnI-g8F5J_s1CuEhz5Js7K7Fwgbwq_r-YbLgmpsJhcZDxgcpA3lCA5cuczag8hXTkE-hLejBYPoYrkJCgs55KZmLZALC8f3dYeThMe4hCsdY-6sWMwfiqOitfYKBjXbqBKc6p-4FjBQzo2cznUuJOSOp6rkePkR9mkfQoH5_iekqcPGYPc4zRi1iCGoN7-0NWTBq4zZg5AWx7WNaaq6VEP0qJRKP-j9ZIQKkEgiTzJGqkFlzYXn-B7aBXfz5DOwcV9MnFPcLbNV7oX72WKPOVXv9XpJgntrLsJG-NKG3CBvuzm1nm0Sh2mjvBU9L0_N3lKQ15V-egKEbrNBxhVv_R7E_Alv7J-1BF_CjdgqL3bl9T3r6h6KmOwIMV4uNfXezL-AUP1QI0p_--oAAtUS8S7qO6mX8cl2FWWmzRM-LTJDjj_z1P4kQbGOLU1KXyK5AZ7w-WJMXOHjeI3OfPspihKifN7ZIKTrM7a-b1PavDRLJpmqzvjfQJyzHhCneCuBAJu5miHll72IkPgS65FRmgEyZ1UD97XCmVdbaCvGYKj3gZ0zOHDZhAAF8fuW3r5iiZ9YCnvUWHLrwzzDZU0LF4qk1Gy-SybveGYN-lcfJX0yiNYh7GSuyEP7awcofhLr7ZxpG0zQNU=w725-h854-no

Here are pics with both installed. Not the best pics.

WgC7OEkCN4Ov-tS-ocweLXGiGDEn4XoMyBZ4857s1XVny0pAm6FmckcOeQdF2yRVYoczatIJo4tIULyPkKP45G6T0M26Wble4rjE8QAuZQxM2hqtLkkYx94MgIa7iDv_OAI58r6vvrlW03RjshcF0c0RLZzjP2Rlj8gsFSFjPa7PZGjtE9IAa_pZv8QSuimj8VcIb7OI2nJll6t5gIjps-aewj5ZOjQxElOZRX03XNiOQ04ckHHsVroInvaFhfwOg-bcfr-JXtz52iHTFqsypSm1poiIb3uUYi5LGPgyyaB_22smmDDbpsVB8efPj_SX6bnZm7tbVN4qPH0vK7fcthhBAIR5W2JUfrbkIb4570QgNw31ElLOeiR_rvN1dHsnUs4vzGFj1K9074_T7VGD0wlBuPYRBaIh3RRi-9M6xdr8B3Tip4OTbEJqz3GfVR3bwqg6wUs899azxpKmWy65Xpsz_f2H1Si8Ceg9kmuOE1ve-xIea0GHBKhB70bK-7TQJZsLwxo4hjGHMbNl3NKO_Nu1IpHhHJJ60Rx9ofa8_va3F1sYBYREIsvw7d5683vJMxfhmlNFGpyhvAMJl1Z6vuU-br5naEYIqP0IHMFDI4GYe_qtl64pGot8eFn2_Ow8RkB1gmvaxXez5z_zVeLzv8B20vxGl85k0LeuLbfSbUVwUQVviS5kDTTAKXFL97Q6SxOb6SCUfwLEKvY4MSb8_5uOOVexWkq9Gcjt8rK3cHlxMrgraOqtx2OuJKU=w1920-h524-no

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Looks good…..how do the higher handlebars feel?

I was looking for a more relaxed riding position and the bars and riser worked for me. Everything installed easily and didn't effect the handling. It took pressure off my wrists and my arms aren't fully extended now. It feels good, I hope this helps.

My prior bikes were always more of a race bike/lean forward type style. The upright geometry of my Aventon Pace has made all the difference in the world for riding comfort and enjoyment.

All depends what one plans to use the bike for, I guess.

My days of punishing myself are over. I loved pushing myself when I was younger but not so much anymore whether it's a bike, motorcycle or whatever. I don't want to give any of it up because of the joy they give me but just at a more relaxed pace. Nothing to prove to anyone including myself.

Unfortunately seats are a very personal choice, The best advice I can offer is watch other e bike riders see what they use and try to get ride on their seats. Here is another thing to consider, like the handlebars, adjustment can bring big changes in the way a seat feels. A change in height, tilt angle and forward/aft could change the way the seat feels to you. Also consider maybe just more miles to allow your body to adjust to the whole bike riding experience might help as well.

Thanks Hoggdoc for your input. I haven't met any other e bike riders yet or a whole lot of bike riders for that matter. I'm sure there are groups locally but I don't do Facebook and such anymore. As far as adjustments go I'm not afraid to make changes and know small changes can make a big difference. I'll keep riding and hope my old body adjusts better. Maybe I'll check the local bike shops and see what they have to offer. Thanks

After going thru different seats and not finding any relief I decided to try a different set of handle bars. My first try was with a set of MTB bars with more rise and pullback. This helped with arm and wrist comfort but made no difference as to seat comfort. Today I installed what to me are a set of cruiser bars and I'm happy with the results. Even more comfortable when it comes to my arms and wrists and definitely more comfortable in the saddle. I did have to reroute the front brake cable and will have to lengthen the cable for the rear brake micro switch. Since I don't plan on going off road much or doing any single track riding these bars shouldn't pose a problem. Now my problem is I'm thinking of trying some ape hangers.
20220923_102753.jpg
20220923_102742.jpg

After going thru different seats and not finding any relief I decided to try a different set of handle bars. My first try was with a set of MTB bars with more rise and pullback. This helped with arm and wrist comfort but made no difference as to seat comfort. Today I installed what to me are a set of cruiser bars and I'm happy with the results. Even more comfortable when it comes to my arms and wrists and definitely more comfortable in the saddle. I did have to reroute the front brake cable and will have to lengthen the cable for the rear brake micro switch. Since I don't plan on going off road much or doing any single track riding these bars shouldn't pose a problem. Now my problem is I'm thinking of trying some ape hangers. View attachment 5654View attachment 5655
May I suggest rather than going with Apes, buy a riser handlebar stem for the handle bars. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Wake-Extende...50971&sprefix=handlebar+riser,aps,1136&sr=8-3

I am mounting #9 seat on my XP 2.0 tomorrow. Bluewind oversized with the small backrest. To qualify the looney reasoning behind it I have prostate problems that have created lower back problem. will be operated on for BPH on February 9. So, the bike came with Lectrics comfort seat and post which was OK but I decided to try different ones because they still had pressure on my prostate. I ordered the noseless Schwinn but was difficult to stay on I found that I slipped off easily. I tried a couple of the cheaper seats with slots in them, but couldn’t get comfortable.. I tried to cloud nine the select, which was probably the best one so far and the sofa model, which really wasn’t good at all and the Selle Royale drifter, which is what I have on there now and it’s OK but I just can’t get it in the right position because it feels uncomfortable on the sit bones. In my opinion, the Selle royal is probably the nicest looking seat but comfort comes first I ordered the giddyup. I had a hard time with anything getting that right and had it on for 15 minutes. I have ordered the blue wind with the raised back like a mini seat and a super wide and I’m gonna give that a try tomorrow. I also turned the handlebars around to try and make my position more of a sitting position and take pressure off my wrists. I haven’t decided whether or not that was a good move. I think the new seat is going to be wide enough, so I can just ride with throttle through my recovery after the operation. Of course my doctor recommends six weeks recovery everybody I’ve talked to that has had the operation said it’s much quicker so I’m hoping for that but I’m sure I’ll be able to sit and just use the throttle until I can starI pedaling again. I pedal 90% of the time because I want the excercsize And love the XP 2.0. My typical ride is 5 to 7 miles on flat Florida streets or sidewalks but after the op we plan on traveling with the bikes to different trails with friends so a comfortable seat is essential. So that’s my story sad but true.

Back