Using A Dealer? Why or Why Not? (Why to use Propel)

nabrxx

Local time
5:56 AM
The temptation to buy an ebike without the support of a reputable dealer should not over-ride the benefits. I purchased a Raleigh Lore from Propel in Brooklyn; when I had a small problem with a wheels durability, they replaced it....when the frame cracked and the manufacturer would not cover the warrantee? Propel stepped in and negotiated a great deal on a new bike for me. It's support like this that makes supporting a good dealer essential to an ebike purchase. I can't say enough good things about this company; the owner, Chris, lives and breathes ebikes, the people working for him give nothing but outstanding support and advice. Use this dealer for your next purchase---you will be glad you did.

There are some good ones out there.

Unfortunately, they are few and far between. Most are just opportunists jumping on the latest bandwagon fad simply in order to make a buck.

The temptation to buy an ebike without the support of a reputable dealer should not over-ride the benefits. I purchased a Raleigh Lore from Propel in Brooklyn; when I had a small problem with a wheels durability, they replaced it....when the frame cracked and the manufacturer would not cover the warrantee? Propel stepped in and negotiated a great deal on a new bike for me. It's support like this that makes supporting a good dealer essential to an ebike purchase. I can't say enough good things about this company; the owner, Chris, lives and breathes ebikes, the people working for him give nothing but outstanding support and advice. Use this dealer for your next purchase---you will be glad you did.
I'd suggest buying a better quality ebike that isn't falling apart after such a short time, or worse that needs to be replaced. Every bike is going to need to be maintained... if it's actually ridden. The majority of that maintenance should be performed by the owner so you know what to do when something happens "on the trail". It's also a good idea to find the best bike wrench (mechanic) you can find and they don't often work for production bike shops.

I'd suggest buying a better quality ebike that isn't falling apart after such a short time, or worse that needs to be replaced. Every bike is going to need to be maintained... if it's actually ridden. The majority of that maintenance should be performed by the owner so you know what to do when something happens "on the trail". It's also a good idea to find the best bike wrench (mechanic) you can find and they don't often work for production bike shops.
Everything you bring up is correct, just follow it with a comma and add—“so be sure to use a reputable dealer”

Everything you bring up is correct, just follow it with a comma and add—“so be sure to use a reputable dealer”
I would have added that if I thought there was any production ebike worth buying yet, I don't. It's not hard to find amazingly good bikes to ride, it's been like that for at least 5 decades now. Find the perfect bike and hang a BBSHD mid-drive on it. Once you learn that you can do a great deal of the maintenance on the bike yourself all you need is a good LBS to help. Stay safe.

Back