Upgrading my Magnum Cruiser

Ceuiser1

Local time
1:40 AM
has anyone in this forum ever changed a 500w motor on a magnum cruiser to a 750w? How difficult was it to change or upgrade. Do I need a new controller.

Generally speaking to make the change from 500 to 750 W Will require the amount of amps you feed the motor. Most brushless motors can handle much more power than your initial reading that's why this is possible.

This will require a new controller and display that is capable of producing more amps output than your current controller. Of course that means you need to know the specs on the current controller. You may be able to get that from the bikes manufacture.

Generally speaking to make the change from 500 to 750 W Will require the amount of amps you feed the motor. Most brushless motors can handle much more power than your initial reading that's why this is possible.

This will require a new controller and display that is capable of producing more amps output than your current controller. Of course that means you need to know the specs on the current controller. You may be able to get that from the bikes manufacture.
Thank you Hoggdoc.
As far as the motor is concerned. Is there a big difference in motor width. R can I just change the inside gears?

I'm not sure but generally motors of different brands are not interchangeable.
As I mentioned before to make the jump from 500 to 750 W takes increasing the amps to the motor by about 5 A. You might want to contact the manufacture of your bike to ask them the specs on the battery pack and BMS on your bike. I suspect the battery and controller can handle the 15 amps necessary to get you to 750W.

The only question is does the bike Mfg give you the means to adjust the output of the battery packs amps.

Back