Turbo Remote Button Problems on a Creo SL

Spanish Rider

Local time
4:09 PM
Recently took my Creo SL to have the remote buttons put on. Went for a ride to test it out and after changing modes with the buttons, motor stopped working. Error bars on my TCU came up red and blue which means didn't see the motor. Took it back to the dealer where they updated firmware/software but still no good. Even performed factory reset several times but error still exists. Plenty of battery power but the shop (Specialized Dealer) says the TCU may be bad. Anyone else experience this problem. If so, what was the solution? Thanks.

After noticing a red line appearing on my eBikes startup button I contacted my Specialized dealer. He checked with the shops head of assembly and he said that error code indicates the head unit battery is dying. I will find out which one you need and source one. I'll let you know ASAP when it's expected.

Did you check the button battery which is in the top tube?. Might be bad?

mtogo, is that for me (GeoAZ0 or Spanish Rider.
I had a similar problem as OP with a brand new 2022 Creo. What my dealer learned was the updates were showing as accepted when, in reality, they weren't. Solution was to unplug remote buttons from TCU, perform all updates and then plug the remotes back in. Has worked fine ever since.

Spanish Rider, I have the same eBike. I have had only minor problems with the bike. The control unit needed a new button battery replacement. Safe roads, Mike. Attached is my ebike lic. plate. lol.

Attachments

• Sophie.Togo.pdf
    561.4 KB · Views: 232
I experienced a similar issue and it was isolated to the button power changer wire short. Once the buttons and wire were replaced with a new one, the problem was solved. Good Luck

US Biker

Back