TSDZ2 motor kit - Speed displayed correctly, distance incorrect?

Gary M

Local time
5:30 AM
I have a TSDZ2 motor kit and I am running in Imperial units. The speed is displayed correctly but the distance is incorrect. It consistently reports distance that is 0.515 of the actual distance. I don't know how this is possible since both the speed and distance are based on the circumference of the wheel and the number of rotations. Anyone else have this problem?

I have about a 100 miles on a recent TSDZ2 conversion.. I run the bike with my garmin edge GPS alongside the 860C display so I can compare the two. The 860C mileage and speed both read about 10 to 20% high, in spite of the fact that I have inputted my 26" wheel size into the controller. I might be able to correct this by Mickey mousing the wheel size in the provided menu but I would rather know why it's happening and maybe get in to the so called open source firmware. I cannot get any response from echo E bikes support to continue the discussion.. Any suggestions?

I have about a 100 miles on a recent TSDZ2 conversion.. I run the bike with my garmin edge GPS alongside the 860C display so I can compare the two. The 860C mileage and speed both read about 10 to 20% high, in spite of the fact that I have inputted my 26" wheel size into the controller. I might be able to correct this by Mickey mousing the wheel size in the provided menu but I would rather know why it's happening and maybe get in to the so called open source firmware. I cannot get any response from echo E bikes support to continue the discussion.. Any suggestions?
After I switched to open source firmware I redid the wheel circumference setting in the configuration menu. I just adjusted it up-and-down until it got right. Problem solved. I think there are just a lot of variations in wheels and tires and the 26" wheel setting is just a starting point.

Back