Trek Powerfly FS 9

Extended ride on a Trek XM700+ Bosch-equipped, 28 mph PAS-only ecommuter today. Bike was impressive with a "monoshock" headtube contained unit that rpovided 35 mm of travel and took the sting off small bumps.

How does one review a bike and not list the weight? Inquiring minds want to know.

IMO: The advertising for e-bikes is very bad and portrays a very negative message. Are they advertising to 12 year olds?

Dean

45 (+ or - 5) pounds encompasses most of the ones that I've tried; 10 or so pound motor, 5 or so pound battery adds up. They'll get "carbonized" and maybe a hardtail could get down to 35 or so in the future.

Most E Bikes weigh in around 40 to 50 lbs from what I've seen. Lightest one I've read about weighed 35lbs and that was full carbon with an uber price tag.

Yes, the weight is always strangely left out of the specs :)

In one review the guy said to the effect: the assist means you don't need to obsess over every gram. What?

Here is a fun promo of the Cube, another bike like the powerlly:

My Haibike allmtn plus is ten days from my door, they are telling me. Just arrived in the country :)

Here's what it looks like:

It's just under 51 Lbs.

The thing is, they do not feel heavy when you ride them......normally :)

Certainly for a fast DH rider they will feel very different.

The flick factor is 25lbs short, but these mid drives are super stable: weight is very low centered.

Back