Transporting Ebike with Battery

Ben Herr

Local time
1:09 AM
Question for those of you who transport your bike on a "car carrier". Do you take the battery out prior to transporting it ? Or do you just leave it in ? Wondering about how the vibration affects the battery connection ?

Thanks,
ben

Question for those of you who transport your bike on a "car carrier". Do you take the battery out prior to transporting it ? Or do you just leave it in ? Wondering about how the vibration affects the battery connection ?

Thanks,
ben
Of course remove the battery before mounting it on the carrier. It's not only protects the battery from the elements and vibration as you stated but makes the bike much lighter to move around.

Thanks,
ben
The only times I have loaded my bike was to take it somewhere for service or modifications. Living in the PNW means that every time it's been on the rack it was raining and I didn't remove the battery or cover it... why would you? I ride for hours on end in the rain and don't worry about vibrations or the bike getting wet. If you bought a quality ebike then you have nothing to worry about Mr. Herr.

Back