Transporting Ebike in the rain

bobcat931

Local time
6:57 PM
My Cannondale Synapse ebike came with a plug to insert in the frame after removing the battery to transport the bike on a rack. Concerned about too much water getting into the motor area, etc. What is your experience? Recommendations?

I guess nobody has experience with that bobcat931. I can see why you want to prevent damage to that C'dale during transport.
You could use a basic bicycle cover, Wrap extra straps around the cover while you transport the bike on the rack .
-When I was working away from home, would stay in my travel trailer in an RV park. I kept my bikes on a hitch carrier and covered them as well with an inexpensive bike cover.
-It would be great to haul the e-bike in the back of an SUV or minivan, but the budget does not always allow that.

I guess nobody has experience with that bobcat931. I can see why you want to prevent damage to that C'dale during transport.
You could use a basic bicycle cover, Wrap extra straps around the cover while you transport the bike on the rack .
-When I was working away from home, would stay in my travel trailer in an RV park. I kept my bikes on a hitch carrier and covered them as well with an inexpensive bike cover.
-It would be great to haul the e-bike in the back of an SUV or minivan, but the budget does not always allow that.
I have a cover but when it obscures the tail lights. Looking for a solution. Any ideas?

Reviving this thread. We plan on doing long distance travel with our bikes. (Aventon L2s)
Have options of rack or back of Pick up, but our main concern is all the electronics in nasty wet weather.
Just curious what others have done to protect their bikes from the elements while traveling.
Thx

Since a good cover would go a long way to keeping things dry, I'd suggest that. Maybe saran wrap in sensitive areas. If your vehicle tail lights are blocked, magnetic-mount temporary tail lights are available. Amazon has them for $20 and up.

Thx. Been looking at some covers. Lots of choices of quality. Any recommendations from someone with experience would be great.
Tail light thing I got covered.
thx again.

Thx. Been looking at some covers. Lots of choices of quality. Any recommendations from someone with experience would be great.
Tail light thing I got covered.
thx again.
I bought this cover from Amazon. Transportation option. (There is also a heavy duty transportation version.) The cover is heavy duty, not at all like the flimsy models that rip apart in the wind. I used it one time driving through a wicked storm and it held up fine. Strapped the bike down with Rhino soft loop motorcycle tie-cowns before appying the cover. I improvised a license plate bracket to attach to the bike rack. Tail lights are adequately visible.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
We just purchased two Himiway Zebra D5's (our first) and we intend to pull our travel trailer across country. We are unable to carry these bikes on the back of the camper so we had a hitch receiver installed on the front of our truck. My concern is water damage to hub and other components during travel thru rain. Can't use full size bike covers as it would restrict airflow to truck radiator. Did purchase complete handlebar covers. Biggest concern is for hub. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We just purchased two Himiway Zebra D5's (our first) and we intend to pull our travel trailer across country. We are unable to carry these bikes on the back of the camper so we had a hitch receiver installed on the front of our truck. My concern is water damage to hub and other components during travel thru rain. Can't use full size bike covers as it would restrict airflow to truck radiator. Did purchase complete handlebar covers. Biggest concern is for hub. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Is there no way to ramp them up into the RV?

Towing a 5th wheel setup?

Can ya ramp them into the truck bed then the front wheels over the tailgate to haul?

Towing a 5th wheel setup?

Can ya ramp them into the truck bed then the front wheels over the tailgate to haul?
No, truck bed full of essentials for trip which cannot be stored anywhere else, plus am 65 years old and loading two 80lb E-bikes in back of 2500 Chevy by myself is not going to happen. Thanks.

No, truck bed full of essentials for trip which cannot be stored anywhere else, plus am 65 years old and loading two 80lb E-bikes in back of 2500 Chevy by myself is not going to happen. Thanks.
Yur Welcome.

I bought this cover from Amazon. Transportation option. (There is also a heavy duty transportation version.) The cover is heavy duty, not at all like the flimsy models that rip apart in the wind. I used it one time driving through a wicked storm and it held up fine. Strapped the bike down with Rhino soft loop motorcycle tie-cowns before appying the cover. I improvised a license plate bracket to attach to the bike rack. Tail lights are adequately visible.
I bought this cover and it held up fine on the first leg of my 10hr each way trip. Coming home it self destructed. I also had the cover and bikes wrapped tightly in a large elastic cargo net from harbor freight. Returned cover.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The wife and I are in the midst of a 6 week 5k mile trip with our bikes loaded in the bed of our pickup. The only thing I do is wrap the displays in plastic bags held in place with small bungee cords. We have been through a couple of torrential downpours and a couple days of rain that lasted all day. So far I haven't had any water related issues with either bike. Right now they are sitting outside in the rain with trash bags draped over the handle bars.

Back