Toyota is the latest car company to jump on the electric bike bandwagon

"A"

Local time
9:21 AM
Toyota is the latest car company to jump on the electric bike bandwagon

Looks expensive

toyota-douze-cargo-e-bike-header.jpg

toyotacycle120884-1.jpg

I would have thought the whole cargo platform to be a giant battery.

oh that would be nice or 8 of the hailong batteries with a platform on top to continue with the cargo possibly?

2000 watts all wheel drive Lectric XP.
Perfect for concurring the steeppest of hills in Tennessee in as low as peddle assist 2.
This would be the perfect mail delivery bike.

Attachments

• 20230204_141522.jpg
    20230204_141522.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 106
2000 watts all wheel drive Lectric XP.
Perfect for concurring the steeppest of hills in Tennessee in as low as peddle assist 2.
This would be the perfect mail delivery bike.
I concur, do they make this bike? Or did you make it?

That front wheel with large, direct drive motor is not OEM from Lectric.

Did you have to get a separate battery & controller for that front motor?

Damn,, why havnt we thought of doing a EV style battery on our cargo bikes,,, hate those hailong aso for my Cargo's,,, got 4 of them

Advantage is for (easily removable) batteries if you live in places where it gets very cold for extended amount of time.
I rarely leave my battery on the bike in freezing temperature for more than few hours; all batteries are stored above 50F degree during the winters.

With a Giant battery platform, likely will need to store the whole cargo bike indoor for the winter.

BREAKING NEWS! TOYOTA just announce they made a tech breakthrough in the mass production of their new solid state battery for cars. They expect to have it ready by 2026 at the latest. Amazing since TOYOTA has lagged in EV production.
BUT... the real news is that these batteries are smaller, lighter and charge in TEN MINUTES!
Be still my heart! Imagine this solid state battery tech in our e-bike batteries. It has to be coming given the huge market. Retrofit solid state batteries would likely be half-filled battery casings. Oooooo!

Toyota is 10 years behind its competitors with EV's where it continues to invest in hydrogen fuel cells. The electric delivery cart is for the Europe market where cities like Paris are now banning ICE powered delivery vehicles from many areas in an effort to remove air pollution and take back the space now devoted to motor vehicles and use it for parks and walkways.

Back