Torque arm on 1500w rear hub

pfs

Local time
10:12 AM
Almost done with my first ebike build. 26" wheel with 1500w hub off eBay. Installed torque arm on chain side first, as most everywhere said the chain side is the harder side to install one on. Went pretty straight forward. Onto the hub / rotor side.. how am I supposed to get the torque arm on with the wiring there? There's a connector that won't fit through the torque arm..

In the picture you can see the white connector that goes to the controller. There's no way that's fitting through the part of the torque arm that slides over the axle. Wires running to yellow box can be removed and will fit through. I only hooked those up to test everything before assembly.

I tried searching all around online for a solution because these kits are so popular, but found nothing.

Attachments

• signal-2022-07-02-22-51-14-288.jpg
    signal-2022-07-02-22-51-14-288.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 137
Almost done with my first ebike build. 26" wheel with 1500w hub off eBay. Installed torque arm on chain side first, as most everywhere said the chain side is the harder side to install one on. Went pretty straight forward. Onto the hub / rotor side.. how am I supposed to get the torque arm on with the wiring there? There's a connector that won't fit through the torque arm..

In the picture you can see the white connector that goes to the controller. There's no way that's fitting through the part of the torque arm that slides over the axle. Wires running to yellow box can be removed and will fit through. I only hooked those up to test everything before assembly.

I tried searching all around online for a solution because these kits are so popular, but found nothing.
A very small screwdriver can be inserted into your connection pins to release them one by one be very careful the latch is delicate and be sure it is raised enough to lock back into place
Take pictures of your connections first and double checking your wiring

Back