Too lazy to ride up that hill? Get an electric bike!

Exactly my thoughts!

Screw electricity! For now, using electricity is just as bad as driving a non-particulate-filtered diesel car. (Note that diesels ARE fuel effecient. They're also clean engines when equipped w/ a particulate-filter like the European diesels. They're quiet as well, if engineered right.) Most of our electricity is being generated by *gasp* coal. It emits just as much as a bunch of petrol-powered vehicles put together. If we all changed our power plants to nuclear, then,. things would be better, even by a little.....

What happened to the days when bikes were human-powered? In the future, I hope pedal-powered mountain bikes will still exist.....
OK, first off, not all of us who went to e-bikes are "lazy." People age, have chronic health issues, joint replacements, etc. and an e-bike with pedal assist is a way to stay on the bike. Assist being the operative word. To your point about electric powered vehicles, the rush to put electric vehicles on the road may be the best thing to happen to the coal industry in years. If there is a plan somewhere, it is a well kept secret. As it is, appears the idea is to go cold turkey on fossil fuels overnight--electric vehicles, electric heating, etc. Sustainable/renewable nowhere near the capacity to meet the demand.

I had a go on a friends Electric bike and it was a lot of fun. You still pedal, but when you want a little extra umff , just press the button . I think they are a great idea, and a good way to get people into bikin
I don't get it... if you hate ebikes why are you here? :unsure:
One of the great things about e-bikes is the ability to get exactly the amount of exercise you want/need, even if you suffer from arthritis, injury, etc. With customizable pedal assist, you can customize your exercise. As this article says, you can sweat a lot, sweat a little, or not sweat at all: https://www.magicycle.org/exercise/

Back