throttle sticks

shirsch

Local time
7:44 AM
My throttle does not spring back to off position when released (which I seldom use) and when I took my hand off the brake it lurched forward resulting in a nasty fall. Is there an easy fix? It is a Pace 500 1st generation.

My throttle does not spring back to off position when released (which I seldom use) and when I took my hand off the brake it lurched forward resulting in a nasty fall. Is there an easy fix? It is a Pace 500 1st generation.
Replace the throttle is the simple answer. Make sure the one you buy has the same connectors as the old one. You could contact the MFG to see if they have replacements.

Step 1: REMOVE YOUR BATTERY. you don't want to be dinking around with a dodgy throttle with the battery installed.
Step 2: Inspect the throttle closely to see if something is wedged in or binding. Sometimes the grip can shift and rub tight against the throttle.
Step 3: If it's not binding, but it doesn't return to "neutral position" then you may have a broken return spring in which case see Hoggdoc's recommendation and order a replacement.

Back