Thinking of converting my Framed Minnesota 2.0 to an E-bike for winter

flyinb501

Local time
5:59 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm just starting to do research on this, and was thinking maybe I could find a good deal on a Bafang BBSHD mid drive conversion kit for Black Friday. I think this would be really fun on a fat bike. I only ride this bike in the winter and I think it would make winter riding a lot more fun to have that extra oomph. I don't use it for commuting or anything just recreation. Am I crazy? Will I get a lot of dirty looks on the trail? They are usually pretty dead in the winter... I've never ridden an e-bike yet.

Framed Minnesota 2.0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for it! Looks like a solid fat tire bike that will support the BBSHD just fine.

Hey Guys,

I'm just starting to do research on this, and was thinking maybe I could find a good deal on a Bafang BBSHD mid drive conversion kit for Black Friday. I think this would be really fun on a fat bike. I only ride this bike in the winter and I think it would make winter riding a lot more fun to have that extra oomph. I don't use it for commuting or anything just recreation. Am I crazy? Will I get a lot of dirty looks on the trail? They are usually pretty dead in the winter... I've never ridden an e-bike ye

I know this is an old thread but did you ever convert the Minn 2.0 ? I’m thinking of doing the same

My BBSHD should arrive tomorrow. I'm putting it on a Mongoose Dolomite fat bike for the same reasons. I also found some nice summer tires that are good on pavement and dirt. I'll use those on the roads, paved bike paths, and dirt paths in the summer and the original knobby tires for the winter. I live in Minnesota and they bike paths will likely have packed snow in the winter. There are also a lot of lakes that would be fun in the winter.

Back