The case for heavy emountain bikes

AHA! Mr. Robinson, I spy what looks just like my Bluettti AC200 MAX power center. My solar input is a 220 watt Off Grid TREK Canadian folding solar "blanket". It cable locks to my MAZDA CX-5 roof racks to charge my AC200 MAX (locked in the trunk) while I hunt or explore all day on my E-CELLS E-MTB.
I appreciate that Dave, the developer of my E-CELLS bike, put hydraulic brakes on it with 2.2 mm thick brake discs on it. No brake fade on long downhill runs.

AHA Mr Robinson, I see you have the same BLUETTI AC200 MAX power center that I have. My solar array is a Canadian 220 watt Off Grid TREK folding solar "blanket" that I cable lock through its grommets to my MAZDA CX-5 permanent roof racks. It charges my AC200 MAX (locked in the trunk) while I hunt or explore on my bike. Also a good setup for home power outages or the odd zombie apocalypse.
Nice to be self sufficient.

AHA! Mr. Robinson, I spy what looks just like my Bluettti AC200 MAX power center. My solar input is a 220 watt Off Grid TREK Canadian folding solar "blanket". It cable locks to my MAZDA CX-5 roof racks to charge my AC200 MAX (locked in the trunk) while I hunt or explore all day on my E-CELLS E-MTB.
I appreciate that Dave, the developer of my E-CELLS bike, put hydraulic brakes on it with 2.2 mm thick brake discs on it. No brake fade on long downhill runs.
That is actually an AC200P, the predecessor to the Max. I bought the P on discount after the Max was announced and everyone was running for the Max introductory price, which at the time was an additional $700 IIRC. I ended up being pretty happy I stuck with the older model ans that first production run had reversed polarity on the TT-30 plug.

See the red tape on it? That is the top 'hinge' for a small sheet of clear hard plastic. Protects the screen from bonks and cracks that could disable it. The 'P' has no wifi interface so if the LCD cracks its curtains for the whole unit.

I've also got an AC300 and three B300's that back up my house power. Living on the coast I have no air conditioning and no real need for a furnace so its good enough for the whole house.

I like the idea of protecting the screehwith hard plastic and though I do have the wi-fi interface with my i-Phone I'll add a hard plastic protector for my screen as well. Belt and suspenders ya know.
I hope my Off Grid TREK 220 watt solar blanket and AC200 MAX are enough to power one of my two refrigerators in an extended power outage. Here in the 'Vegas valley earthquakes are the main danger to extended power outages. So far so good on that front but better to be prepared.

Our youngest daughter has a 5,800 sq. ft. home in Thousand Oaks, CA and she is getting rooftop solar and a Tesla wall battery but that area also has little need for air conditioning due to the onshore sea breezes. It could be 95 F. in LA but 75 F. at her place.

Back