The Birthday Party Bike

Snoop

Local time
3:31 AM
So a coworker‘s 6-year-old son was in the office a few days ago and invited me to his birthday party today. I couldn’t say no, but it gave me only 2 days to get to the store and buy him something.

The birthday party was only a mile from where I work, and since I commuted in this morning, I decided to just bike over to his party.

You should have seen his face when he saw me pull up with his big present on my rear rack! :D

I usually have my cargo bag on my rack, but I swapped it out with this basket today so I could carry the gift. It‘s the first time I’ve used it, and I purchased it for my frequent anticipated apple runs at the market this upcoming fall. It attaches to the rack via a MIK plate.

The biggest issue I find with rear cargo attachments is being able to swing my leg up and over during mount/dismount. I’m not 20 anymore, and I don’t have Jean Claude Van Damme hips, so I definitely think I pulled a groin and ass muscle today, LOL.

This is when I kinda wish I had that step-through model. :confused:

C67BC571-CE11-48DC-81A0-11D692339F7F.jpeg

923748E0-74EF-4348-9ABC-9848AE5A6B7D.jpeg

Snoop, I hear ya brother. For me, old, fat and cripple is not a good combination. :( Wanted a step through but Aventon Level Large doesn't come with step through and Medium/Large is too short coupled for me. SO, I lay the Level on it's side and step over then pull it up. Having a bad hip doesn't help either; but, once in the saddle sure is fun.

BTW, good posts, thanks.
Jack

Back