Tips & Guides Technical Corner: Torque and bike assembly

CloneWerks

Local time
5:07 PM
Bike components are generally softer or thinner than many other types of machines making the proper application of torque even more important both for rider safety and to avoid damage to your expensive eBike.

This article from Park Tools goes in depth on what Torque is and why you should care and also gives a set of general guidelines for how much torque to use. Of course if your manufacturer gives you a torque specification you should use that instead.

Link: Park Tools: TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS AND CONCEPTS

Remember, a torque wrench should ONLY be used for tightening nuts/bolts. A regular wrench/socket handle should be used for removing nuts/bolts.

Thanks, good article! Torque is probably an overlooked part of both ebike maintenance and assembling the ebike in the first place.

This is a link I always use for reference. I keep it on my home screen as shortcut. Always keep in mind that carbon fiber frames and bars have different torque specs than the norm.

This is a link I always use for reference. I keep it on my home screen as shortcut. Always keep in mind that carbon fiber frames and bars have different torque specs than the norm.

nice reference. Thanks for posting.

Back