Tall Senior looking for ebike recomendation

CW Post

Local time
7:19 PM
New to ebike. Looking for recommendations. I am 73 years old, 6'4', 235 lbs. Riding on street, mostly level. Only need 20 mile range. Hard to find info from ads and manufacturer responses. Any guidance and help id appreciated.

Refine your requirements even more

Top speed?

Motorcycle mode or PedElec?

If PedElec, how much assistance?

I am 6'5", 200#. Cannot ride a bike anymore, but have switched to something called a "Tadpole Trike.

The thing sucks canal water when climbing, and is no prize in a headwind.

What I want is something to help me out when I find myself grinding up a hill. No more. No electric motorcycle, just a little help when I need it.

The perfect choice for me has been a Tongsheng TSDZ2 pedelec mid-drive with a 14 AH 52-volt battery.

The way I ride, and keeping the battery between 20 and 80% capacity (which maximizes long-term battery life) I can get about 40 miles on a charge. But my bod only has about 20 miles in it, so it's all good...

If I could ride a bike, I would just retrofit the TSDZ2 to my favorite gravel bike and mount the battery to the down tube water bottle mounts.

Lots of videos out there on YouTube.

There's more. Ping me if you get interested.

Attachments

• Trike.jpg
    Trike.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 98
New to ebike. Looking for recommendations. I am 73 years old, 6'4', 235 lbs. Riding on street, mostly level. Only need 20 mile range. Hard to find info from ads and manufacturer responses. Any guidance and help id appreciated.
im 64 6ft 3in 280lbs bought an aventon aventure LOVE it but its a beast! i live in alaska so i got one mostly for dirt fat tire but if you keep more to the street they have a lot of models top of the line cheap bike! you get what you pay for you could spend more money and get way better but bang for the buck aventon is unbeatable but im no expert

I bought the large frame Aventure as well because of my height, 6’3”. Most ebike manufacturers in this price range offer only one size frame.

Back