SWITCH e-bike kit?

I've been checking it out. The new version of Swytch is still pending. I'm on their wait list which says I'll get 50% off when it's ready. I have had a basic Specialized bike for several years, about a $500 bike I think. Nothing fancy, but I like my Specialized bike. I might try the Swytch on it when it's ready.

One of the things about the battery is that it can be fast charged in about 2 hours. Its range is about 31 miles. When I start riding longer distances, about 50-60 miles, I can stop for lunch and a short nap while charging it and then continue my ride with a full charge. :)

Just ordered! Hopefully will receive it in January. Ordered 30km battery! In the mean time, while waiting for my kit to arrive, I am upgrading my tires and handlebars, plus I will be hunting down a used set of fenders.

Just ordered! Hopefully will receive it in January. Ordered 30km battery! In the mean time, while waiting for my kit to arrive, I am upgrading my tires and handlebars, plus I will be hunting down a used set of fenders.
Glad you were able to order because as you know their servers have been overwhelmed. My latest email at 11:00 a.m. west coast time said "Over 16,000 of you have successfully placed an order today." Wow! But even with a big discount, I'm not sure 30 km (about 18 miles) is worth it. And I would imagine that the advertised 30km is more like 20km (about 8 miles) in real life situations for many people. Thus I decided not to go through with the order.

Glad you were able to order because as you know their servers have been overwhelmed. My latest email at 11:00 a.m. west coast time said "Over 16,000 of you have successfully placed an order today." Wow! But even with a big discount, I'm not sure 30 km (about 18 miles) is worth it. And I would imagine that the advertised 30km is more like 20km (about 8 miles) in real life situations for many people. Thus I decided not to go through with the order.
This will be my going to work, church, library, etc bike. I have a KBO Breeze for long distance. I am also thinking of getting a second bigger battery so when and if I want to take my modified bike (which fits me better) on a longer trip, I can do so. Ends up to be costly.... I have done a lot of modifications to my KBO, but it is still a much heavier bike.

I just realized it does NOT come with a throttle or any kind of monitor (speed, distance, battery level, etc.) Those are extra. The $$$ is slowly inching up!

I did a Swytch Bike conversion a few years ago. While the mechanics are good, I'm pissed with Swytchbike. They changed their power module. By power module, I mean the batteries and the distribution panel on the handlebars. Now, Swytchbike no longer sells the old batteries. Either buy the new kit, or stop motoring. No backwards compatibility.

I purchased an E-Switchy Electric Bike Kit which is different brand than the Swytch kit. Let me tell you, I have both kits and the E-Switchy kit is by far better. First of all E-Switchy customer service answers phone calls instantly, emails are responded right away as well, you get the point customer service is spot on! Product quality and warranty also way better than Swytch. E-Switchy motor feels stronger and battery lasts longer. The speed of the E-Switchy kit is also faster tops out at 28mph. I got a promo code on my email with a very decent price. It is worth the investment, that performance on a fully build ebike is well worth over 3grand. So I love my bike anyways and couldn't be happier with the E-Switchy product. if anyone interested check them out www.eswitchybikes.com

I just realized it does NOT come with a throttle or any kind of monitor (speed, distance, battery level, etc.) Those are extra. The $$$ is slowly inching up!
Yup, that's why I went with E-Switchy brand because it comes with LCD display, with all the info on there, free rotor brakes, handlebar extension holder, cable throttle in case you don't want to use the display. Seems to me it's a way better deal! check them out www.eswitchybikes.com

Back