SWITCH e-bike kit?

ronniebellie

Local time
2:48 PM
I've been checking it out. The new version of Swytch is still pending. I'm on their wait list which says I'll get 50% off when it's ready. I have had a basic Specialized bike for several years, about a $500 bike I think. Nothing fancy, but I like my Specialized bike. I might try the Swytch on it when it's ready.

One of the things about the battery is that it can be fast charged in about 2 hours. Its range is about 31 miles. When I start riding longer distances, about 50-60 miles, I can stop for lunch and a short nap while charging it and then continue my ride with a full charge. :)

Meehlticket

Local time
4:48 PM
Just ordered! Hopefully will receive it in January. Ordered 30km battery! In the mean time, while waiting for my kit to arrive, I am upgrading my tires and handlebars, plus I will be hunting down a used set of fenders.

ronniebellie

Local time
2:48 PM
Just ordered! Hopefully will receive it in January. Ordered 30km battery! In the mean time, while waiting for my kit to arrive, I am upgrading my tires and handlebars, plus I will be hunting down a used set of fenders.
Glad you were able to order because as you know their servers have been overwhelmed. My latest email at 11:00 a.m. west coast time said "Over 16,000 of you have successfully placed an order today." Wow! But even with a big discount, I'm not sure 30 km (about 18 miles) is worth it. And I would imagine that the advertised 30km is more like 20km (about 8 miles) in real life situations for many people. Thus I decided not to go through with the order.

Meehlticket

Local time
Glad you were able to order because as you know their servers have been overwhelmed. My latest email at 11:00 a.m. west coast time said "Over 16,000 of you have successfully placed an order today." Wow! But even with a big discount, I'm not sure 30 km (about 18 miles) is worth it. And I would imagine that the advertised 30km is more like 20km (about 8 miles) in real life situations for many people. Thus I decided not to go through with the order.
This will be my going to work, church, library, etc bike. I have a KBO Breeze for long distance. I am also thinking of getting a second bigger battery so when and if I want to take my modified bike (which fits me better) on a longer trip, I can do so. Ends up to be costly.... I have done a lot of modifications to my KBO, but it is still a much heavier bike.

Meehlticket

Local time
I just realized it does NOT come with a throttle or any kind of monitor (speed, distance, battery level, etc.) Those are extra. The $$$ is slowly inching up!

Top Bottom