Street legal electric LSV with solar charging.

"A"

Local time
7:43 AM
Not sure where this belong, but I see these becoming popular in NYC metro.
Cheaper than golf carts that are not street legal, but these are actually street legal.

The first ELECTRIC micro-car in NYC: Wink Motors review

Let's hope they take in USA - for the appropriate use.

Can't wait til some members buy 'em, soup 'em up and brag about 35-40mph on a bike trail. 'Well,... I never really go that fast and haven't hit anyone yet. A bicycle with training wheels, in my opinion, and no one can change my mind.

Cheaper than golf carts that are not street legal, but these are actually street legal.

That would be great for running errands and Sunday Drives on backroads smelling the flowers :)

Looks like a death trap! A fender bender can become a life changing experience.

That would be great for running errands and Sunday Drives on backroads smelling the flowers :)

Most of the backroads around here have speed limits of 35-45 mph and people drive around 10 mph faster than that. I don't recommend it if you value your remaining years. The Tesla Model 3 I bought for $28K can cruise safely at 80 mph all day long and have charging stops of only 15-20 minutes. I get it that these micro cars do have a place but perhaps not in most peoples lives.

I don't want to downgrade my safety simply to have a lower purchase price.

Most of the backroads around here have speed limits of 35-45 mph and people drive around 10 mph faster than that. I don't recommend it if you value your remaining years. The Tesla Model 3 I bought for $28K can cruise safely at 80 mph all day long and have charging stops of only 15-20 minutes. I get it that these micro cars do have a place but perhaps not in most peoples lives.

I don't want to downgrade my safety simply to have a lower purchase price.

In reality, MOST people live in large cities that have slower traffic flow, vehicle congestion problems, vehicle pollution problems, parking problems.
Single occupant vehicles average less than 20-30 miles per day, but still stuck in traffic for hours.
LSV as such offer alternative to IC engine vehicles that cause vehicle pollution in congested traffic.
TESLA may offer a solution to the pollution problem, but still get stuck in slow moving traffic & need to look for a parking spot.

Safety concern in LSV may be an issue only if folks don't pay attention to speed limits.
I suspect a roll cage on the LSV can survive a good amount of impact at their designated operating speeds.
$9K isn't really a low price for these LSV vehicles that are licensed for legal street usage,
normally these LSV without street legal title cost about $30-40% less than $9K,
but just as golf carts (that cost more than LSVs) that are not street legal that operate on public roads without safety concerns.

Back