Specialized Vado 2.0 Motor Failure

George

Local time
7:27 AM
I bought a Vado 2.0.from my local bike shop. I just went in to pick up a tube for my other bike and in less than an hour i was riding it home. Big mistake! The motor failed at about 250 miles. I took it in to see what was up, they had it for two weeks and when i finally called them, they told me that a new motor would have to be ordered.

I called Specialized to ask about this and of course 5 weeks ago never did get a response. I called again today and of course the area rep is out again and will call me, won't hold my breath. Has anyone else had such poor performance from a $2,800 bike? I unfortunately did research (recently) and apparently I'm not the only person with a motor issue. It also appears that the software can't be updated as that company is out of business. There are other e bikes that don't seem to have these issues. Have others here had similar issues?

I have a Turbo and my motor just quit mysteriously. Had to push it up a long steep hill.

I bought a Vado 2.0.from my local bike shop. I just went in to pick up a tube for my other bike and in less than an hour i was riding it home. Big mistake! The motor failed at about 250 miles. I took it in to see what was up, they had it for two weeks and when i finally called them, they told me that a new motor would have to be ordered.

I called Specialized to ask about this and of course 5 weeks ago never did get a response. I called again today and of course the area rep is out again and will call me, won't hold my breath. Has anyone else had such poor performance from a $2,800 bike? I unfortunately did research (recently) and apparently I'm not the only person with a motor issue. It also appears that the software can't be updated as that company is out of business. There are other e bikes that don't seem to have these issues. Have others here had similar issues?
Kinda sound like it's the local shops issue to solve. They took your money they should fix or replace. Maybe time to start talking about some legal action.

I know some fellow Creo owners who have had motors fail, but the LBS got it replaced under warranty in a few days. Except for this, I've only heard good reports about Specialized warranty repairs/replacements. Problem may be with your LBS. Specialized supports repairs/replacements at any authorized shop so you might try elsewhere.

I have a 2021 Turbo Vado SL 4.0 EQ. I have had no issues and don't anticipate any. I ride it in ECO mode most of the time.

So it seems buying and name brand e-bike from a local dealer provides no more customer service than the typical buy direct Chinese e-bikes. The only difference is you are not getting your money's worth.

I do have to ask why are you letting the dealer off the hook. They should replace your motor from something in stock, that's why you paid the premium price was for their service, right? It's their problem not yours to get a replacement motor.

Back