Specialized Vado 2.0 Motor Failure

George

I bought a Vado 2.0.from my local bike shop. I just went in to pick up a tube for my other bike and in less than an hour i was riding it home. Big mistake! The motor failed at about 250 miles. I took it in to see what was up, they had it for two weeks and when i finally called them, they told me that a new motor would have to be ordered.

I called Specialized to ask about this and of course 5 weeks ago never did get a response. I called again today and of course the area rep is out again and will call me, won't hold my breath. Has anyone else had such poor performance from a $2,800 bike? I unfortunately did research (recently) and apparently I'm not the only person with a motor issue. It also appears that the software can't be updated as that company is out of business. There are other e bikes that don't seem to have these issues. Have others here had similar issues?

Gery

I have a Turbo and my motor just quit mysteriously. Had to push it up a long steep hill.

Hoggdoc

Website
activityphoto.com
I bought a Vado 2.0.from my local bike shop. I just went in to pick up a tube for my other bike and in less than an hour i was riding it home. Big mistake! The motor failed at about 250 miles. I took it in to see what was up, they had it for two weeks and when i finally called them, they told me that a new motor would have to be ordered.

I called Specialized to ask about this and of course 5 weeks ago never did get a response. I called again today and of course the area rep is out again and will call me, won't hold my breath. Has anyone else had such poor performance from a $2,800 bike? I unfortunately did research (recently) and apparently I'm not the only person with a motor issue. It also appears that the software can't be updated as that company is out of business. There are other e bikes that don't seem to have these issues. Have others here had similar issues?
Kinda sound like it's the local shops issue to solve. They took your money they should fix or replace. Maybe time to start talking about some legal action.

Top Bottom