Specialized Creo Reviews from other owners?

Mark

Local time
1:19 PM
I bought a Creo last week and have been really enjoying it. Any other Creo owners on here? If so I'm wondering if anyone has replaced the chain ring with a larger one and has anyone tried to use an aftermarket battery as a range extender?

I got a Turbo Creo the beginning of this year, and I agree the gearing was too low for serious road group rides. I replaced the 46T with a 50T Wolf Tooth 110 BDC Cyclocross & Road chainring. No problems with spacing or chain alignment. I also replaced the back cassette to a XT 11-40, for a closer gear range than the original 11-42. Have fun :)

Good to know that I can move up to a 50T. Have you looked into another set of wheels? The front wheel at 110x12 is hard to find.

Planing on keeping the stock wheel set as long as it meets my needs. Another set would be expensive.

After reading many other's people's experiences and thoughts I did my research and took a long test ride I was sold on the Creo. The decision was made to try and reduce the wear and tear on my knee that has been bothering me for over a year especially when riding. On the Creo with the Econ or lowest assist mode I can ride with no pain. I still gives me a great workout and achieves the same heart rate. My average speed is 1 - 2 mph faster and I am riding further and for a longer time. I want to ride my old bike some of the time but the Creo is addictive. The Creo weights in at just under 30 pounds which is a major plus considering many other ebikes weigh 20+ pounds more than this.

Good to know that I can move up to a 50T. Have you looked into another set of wheels? The front wheel at 110x12 is hard to find.
DT Swiss makes a great set of wheels for a Specialized Creo. They are HE1800 Spline and they won't break the bank. I bought them and they are sweet.

I've had the Creo SL Expert 2022 model - for just 1 week. But so far very impressed. The 2022 model has SRAM eTap (Rival) with a 46 chain ring and 12 speed 10-44 cassette. Seems perfect for pretty much all situations. All gear and power assist changes are very smooth. With the Battery extender the range will be well over 100kms - depending on climbs and speed of course. So far, I'm very happy.

I've had the Creo SL Expert 2022 model - for just 1 week. But so far very impressed. The 2022 model has SRAM eTap (Rival) with a 46 chain ring and 12 speed 10-44 cassette. Seems perfect for pretty much all situations. All gear and power assist changes are very smooth. With the Battery extender the range will be well over 100kms - depending on climbs and speed of course. So far, I'm very happy.
I’m 100% agree it is really good bike. Do you know can I switch display screen on the mission control screen use button. Now I setup monitor speed distance and battery can I switch to see time cadence and gears not using my phone. Thank you. Gene

Hey, I have the same bike. Bought last year after test riding the best high end eBikes. Specialized Creo controls are the best. I'm 78 and lead rides South of Boston. Go to South Shore Mellow Riders and check us out. Mike

I changed the stock cassette for one with a 11-34T range to have smaller gaps when shifting. Also changed out the derailleur for one designed for this gear/cog range.

I am looking at buying a Creo SL Expert EVO when the new models are available. I was wondering what size Creo you owners are riding. I am 6' -0" and between a L and XL. I test rode a L but no XL around to test ride. I am riding a Specialized Roubaix size 58 which is closer to the XL when comparing geometry specifications.

I am looking at buying a Creo SL Expert EVO when the new models are available. I was wondering what size Creo you owners are riding. I am 6' -0" and between a L and XL. I test rode a L but no XL around to test ride. I am riding a Specialized Roubaix size 58 which is closer to the XL when comparing geometry specifications.
I'm 6'2" and ride an XL

Back