Soon to be owner questions

Datarock

Hey everyone!

The wife and I are both looking to be E-Bike owners. As we are not hardcore rider's, we were thinking of doing a single gear E-Bike and let the different levels of throttle assist as needed. We only have a few small hills and it's mostly flat.

Do you guys think it would be possible to pull a child bike stroller behind me like I do on my mountain bike on a single speed motor driving bike?

We were looking around the $800-$1000 each range. Any thoughts appreciated!

Black100

Luna has a new model with belt drive and single speed, good about the belt drive is that it requires very little maintenance or none until they need to be replaced.
Frankly I would not recommend buying a cheap bike in your price range because they are made with cheapest components and when things start to break you have no support from vendor.
Atleast with Luna they have a shop that you can call or take your ebikes to for repairs if you are in Southern CA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512-135301_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220512-135301_Chrome.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 13

"A"

Depending on your weight, budget of $800-1000 should be fine if you're not heavy and the child you're towing is not heavy and you're not setting out to do high speed operation.
Is there any specifc model/brand that you're looking to purchase?
If operation of your rides are mostly on pavement & hardpack trails, that would also require less motor output.

Personally, I feel that belt drive should be more practical for a mid-motor ebike, since mid-motor require a a chain or belt to keep the bike moving.
Hub motor ebikes can operate just fine (with throttle) even when the chain is off the bike, no particular need for extra durability of belt drive.

DCErik

The Ride1Up Roadster V2 would do the trick nicely @ $1045 on sale and in stock, but I'd spend the extra $50 for their Core 5 for the disc brakes and 7-speed derailleur.

Black100

@"A" I suggested to Datarock the Luna bike because I think it's reasonably priced for a full suspension ebike with belt drive, and he wants a single speed. It's even got a twist throttle, heck he can ride it like a moped if he wants.
I'm kinda liking it a lot. If were in a buying mood I would get for myself.

Nelson37

If you enjoy being ripped off, your warranty not honored, dealing with a dishonest businessman, and being knowingly sold defective merchandise, then by all means, buy from the Loon.

However, good odds you can find a better vendor, an honest, reputable one, who doesn't have to pay people to pimp his products all over the internet.

Top Bottom