Sondors MadMods 1st Ride

dhdallas

Local time
6:34 AM
I just got back from a 20+ mile ride and it was great. It is all flat here in Florida so you are either constantly pedaling or using the throttle. I was fighting a headwind so I had the pedal assist at 4 & 5 and still was only 1 bar down on the battery gauge at the end. Grant at customer service was the best at helping me with the assembly. Sondors service department is really good at what they do. I live in The Villages which is a lame 55+ community (my wife made me move here). The nice thing is that there are over 100 miles of bicycle and golf cart trails, many of which wind along ponds, lakes and woods teeming with gators, tropical birds, armadillos, turkeys and more. This MadMods is an eye catcher and people just stop and gape at it when riding by. I got my Scrambler for the pre-production promotional price but I will tell you it is worth every penny of the post-production MSRP. Thank you Sondors!
MadMods 1st Ride.jpg

Interesting ebike with a retro motorcycle style. Looks like a solid frame. Hope you're enjoying your rides!

I think it has very good looks. Sondors bikes have always come with good quality battery's. I would swap the tires out for street tires.

how comfortable is it to pedal using PAS? I pedal a lot, and im 6' 1''. is it to cramped to pedal comfortably?

I just got back from a 20+ mile ride and it was great. It is all flat here in Florida so you are either constantly pedaling or using the throttle. I was fighting a headwind so I had the pedal assist at 4 & 5 and still was only 1 bar down on the battery gauge at the end. Grant at customer service was the best at helping me with the assembly. Sondors service department is really good at what they do. I live in The Villages which is a lame 55+ community (my wife made me move here). The nice thing is that there are over 100 miles of bicycle and golf cart trails, many of which wind along ponds, lakes and woods teeming with gators, tropical birds, armadillos, turkeys and more. This MadMods is an eye catcher and people just stop and gape at it when riding by. I got my Scrambler for the pre-production promotional price but I will tell you it is worth every penny of the post-production MSRP. Thank you Sondors!
View attachment 3267
UPDATE: I originally had my Madmods Scrambler in Florida and it was great; 30mph easy...but Florida is flat as can be. I have it in Pennsylvania now and it is woefully underpowered. At 30 amps & 100% power I have to gear down and pedal hard to get up even moderate hills. It definitely needs a more powerful motor. I have tinkered with all the advanced settings to no avail. I wonder if a Bafang 1500w mid drive would fit? Other than that, I may try a 1000w Bafang geared rear hub motor if the spindle width will work. I wish Sondors would offer a motor upgrade.

I ORDERED A METACYCLE 2 YEARS AGO
SONDORS SUPPORT KEEPS TELLING ME
"IT WILL DELIVER NEXT QUARTER DUE TO SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES"
SO IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT ORDERING A METACYCLE, THINK ABOUT OTHER OPTIONS!!

Back