Soletri M366X trike on the way;

Here is the actual model that we may or may not receive depending on(?)...
new-etrike_1681457945.jpg
That trike looks good to me, looks fairly well featured, I have never had an issue with a bafang motor.

That trike looks good to me, looks fairly well featured, I have never had an issue with a bafang motor.
Thanks for your personal assessment of the Bafang motor and features in general.
I took a comparative look at the wheelbase of the Soletri versus their fairly popular low slung semi-recumbent model and I believe that they were within 2" of each other which sounds good to me.
May is when they have promised shipment, which is half over, so we will see what happens this week...

Update from Addmotor (delivery promise kept/$200 saved for ordering sight unseen/never reviewed?):
bike.png
Addmotor sales team (Addmotor)
May 14, 2023, 21:09 PDT
Hi friend,
Thanks for your confirmation.
Your order has been put forward to the shipping team for shipment procedure, an email with a shipping notification will be sent once it is shipped.

This Addmotor trike looks VERY interesting to me, esp. the full suspension, long seat (but is it WIDE enough?), and bit of a floorboard to rest feet off of pedals. But I don't see where a passenger would put feet. There are no visible footpegs. Then it occurred to me that the passenger may be a small child perched in front* of the rider, with his/her feet on the floorboard while the adult does the pedaling. Can't wait to see first reviews.

This Addmotor trike looks VERY interesting to me, esp. the full suspension, long seat (but is it WIDE enough?), and bit of a floorboard to rest feet off of pedals. But I don't see where a passenger would put feet. There are no visible footpegs. Then it occurred to me that the passenger may be a small child perched in front* of the rider, with his/her feet on the floorboard while the adult does the pedaling. Can't wait to see first reviews.
I thought that passenger pedals were available as an accessory yet I have a question in as to whether they are as with similar models. There are new pictures up on the product page which seem to show the seat narrowing where it would need to for your thighs (closest to the pedal). As for it being wide enough; I guess that one could ask riders of the 2-wheeled version (Soletan) as it appears to be the same seat.
The new pics also indicate adjustable handlebars which is just icing on the cake for me at this point in the waiting game.

We'll see about the rear foot pedals (edit; they are built in to the frame; see below) yet I managed to order the backrest with plastic storage container, a cell phone holder and a front basket.
Didn't really want the latter for looks mainly yet I'm getting more practical than fashionable in my old age...:rolleyes:

Good news and bad re: accessories:
The Soletri comes with fairly nice footrests built in to the frame.
You'll need the pedal extensions due to the wooden footrest. .

There are no pedal extensions in stock at Addmotor as of today. They claim that they are standard size.
The footrests are built in to the frame and look like they offer a nice wide/stable/square/boxed in area for the passenger's feet.

Hi there. I've got a Herotri M365X being delivered today. Can't wait!

Question for you: does the photo above show where the rear passenger can set their feet rather than a fold out foot peg?

The foot peg for the rear passenger is my biggest open question mark on this purchase as the photos don't clearly show anything.

Ahh geez, on closer inspection I now see your caption identifying it as the rear passenger foot peg. I didn't see that at first with the white text on the background of the light gray carpet. Anyway, thx 4 posting that.

So, now that you've received this thing, whaddya think???

I like it. :)(y)
Haven't drove around on anything but throttle for a short distance (road and offroad included) but it's just fun to ride.
Assembled easy enough; Addmotor even included every tool needed. (which saved my butt as I was in a pinch for same at that location).
Battery charged well/held the charge. These were obviously made for the smaller frame (person) market so there is some handlebar and seat work needing to be done that I had previously figured in...but for under $3K delivered...wow...there are likely good times ahead inside the garage making it better.
Cooks down the road at 20.3 mph out of the box. Says it will do 25 and frankly that's about as fast as I'd want to go on it given the width in the rear. Pulled my big ass straight up a pretty steep concrete hill in my driveway (with a struggle) from a dead stop and no weight pushed forward.
Shocks have needle vales in the rear. Front shock is adjustable and seems to take a pretty decent hit well for the quality of components ( obviously all not HD for $3K). Seat is comfortable enough.
As offered, I haven't rode it hardly at all yet am happy with what I got if the battery/electronics hold up. I like the frame design a lot, can easily replace everything else and the motors are somewhat a dime a dozen.
Didn't look it over well yet the fit/finish/paint/welds seem very acceptable and the thing just looks..well..pretty badass just sitting there.

Please chime in here as to what you experienced today after yours got charged up....

Awesome, glad you are happy with it!

Mine was delivered yesterday. Spent the evening after work unboxing and assembling. Got most of my add on accessories installed too.

Was able to take it for some quick test rides after I got things adjusted properly for me.

Was able to take a quick spin with the wife on the back too. The torque surprised her and she almost flew off the back. Fortunately that was just an almost...

Should back up a touch here... My wife and I are in the midst of some significant life changes and ended up looking for a new hobby. She wanted to start riding again but has neuropathy in her feet so she can't feel her feet and has no balance. She wanted to do this but only if she could ride on the back of mine. She wasn't comfortable riding one herself. That lead me to our quest for a two person trike. I figured the innate balance improvements of a trike would be the best option.

Also, I ordered the same as you a few weeks ago - the Soletri. When it was time to ship they emailed me that they oversold that model and couldn't ship as promised. They offered some free goodies if I flipped to the Herotri which they could ship immediately. As I was waffling between those two models before I placed the order for the Soletri it was an easy decision to make and I received my Herotri yesterday.

Gonna install the back rest for the seat when I get home as well as a couple other add ons that should show up at my doorstep today. I have tomorrow off and we're planning on a lengthy ride tomorrow.

By the way Addmotors product page for the back rest says it is only compatible with one model, an older 2 wheeler. I was planning on making an adapter plate to mount this sucker but to my surprise it looks like I don't have to. On first glance it looks to have the same bolt hole pattern as the flanged plate that the rear deflector is mounted to on this latest trike model. I would imagine the same is true for your Soletri if you are interested in that add on. I'll confirm my suspicions after I try to install it tonight.

A bit longer winded than I intended this post to be here ... Anyway have fun and happy trails...

Oh no, please be long winded...I was wondering if I would ever find another owner. I need to finish up on some rest but here's a few thoughts until later:
The back rest/glove box combo that I ordered supposedly fit the Soletri and I think the Herotri (haven't received it yet):
Thanks for confirming that it has enough power to haul two. It hauled me up a pretty good grade and I was surprised.
Can't wait to hear how you dial in the suspension front and rear with two riders or even yourself. The manual doesn't cover much for each component.
I'll also enjoy commiserating on how it all holds up over time as I'm guessing that the brakes will be the first needed major mod unless I choose to become an expert at fiddling with these versus chucking the whole thing for quality hydraulics.
I rode it again today for the 2nd time and am liking it even more without even pedaling once or shifting a gear.
I topped the tires off at 15 psi all around for no particular reason which seems to work ok for now.

All in all and for what it is, I like it a lot. For a trike that I haven't even taken the time to pedal, to adjust the handlebars or even move back and forth on the seat while riding (a feature which I think that I'm going to like)..I'm pretty impressed.

Oh and by the way, this Soletri is absolutely awesome.
Took it up a gravely very steep grade today both sitting normal (spun a bit yet not more than expected; could have barely made it) and then simply leaning forward a bit (slowed down obviously but climbed like a champ).
Finally used the pedal assist. What a treat it is to simply switch gears in PAS1 all the way to level 7, still cruise along at a very slow speed and have it work exactly like my stationary bike at home. Controllable exercise levels at every speed...perfect.
Suspension has never been touched...what a comfortable ride it still is compared to other ebikes off-road and in the bumpy grass (fully suspended or not).
Brakes work flawlessly.
It has two horns: One bell ringer built in to the shifter and another which sounds exactly like the back-up sound on a forklift (loud).
Lights work fine out of the box (nice rear array) so obviously eager to see them work in the dark.
Throttle control is fantastic. Ease around at super slow speeds or take off in a hurry.

I'm struggling to find anything wrong with it save for the fact that it was built for a shorter folk continent which is easily fixable.
Just a blast to ride around on.

Awesome, to hear about the trike part. Sorry to hear about the Mod part.

Your sig is in such small and faint print I never noticed it. If I had it wouldn't bother me in the least. I don't blame you for wearing your beliefs on your sleeve as it were but I can also respect the position of the moderators as long as it is applied evenly to all sides that is.

I'd much rather have you stick around here to compare notes and discuss these awesome trikes as we've both started this very similar journey at the same time. I'm hoping you can capitulate and simply forego the sig here. I'm not terribly religious but this reminds me of a bible passage from the ancient flick Sargeant York: Give unto the Lord that which is the Lord's, give unto caesar that which is caesar's. This is the realm of caesar my friend. I hope you can abide and we can enjoy conversations here to come.

Looking forward to your (4) pages of defending this product (now that it is actually in someone's possession) whether I am here to help you reach page #8 or not.
If this thread (instead) simply dies?
One has to wonder who might be who up here in terms of driving the numbers.

I'm not terribly religious but this reminds me of a bible passage from the ancient flick Sargeant York: Give unto the Lord that which is the Lord's, give unto caesar that which is caesar's. This is the realm of caesar my friend. I hope you can abide and we can enjoy conversations here to come.
"Abide" is just about the obvious of what actually happened yet I'll forgive and Love if not able to instruct in this post if your 'Caesar' deems it so.
The Heotri that you just received is exactly the same as the Soletri save for it not being a step through.
When are we going to enjoy your detailed thoughts on riding double with your wife (ie. your approximate combined weight on what grades?) as we know full well that you are out there ripping it this Memorial Day weekend if the weather cooperated and you got some time off....

OK, so we went for several rides yesterday and a rather long one this morning. For reference our combined weight is about 320 lbs and we had about 30-40 lbs of stuff in the cooler in the "trunk". Started with a full batt only depleted a small amount from a quick test ride before we headed out. We went from our drive way to a county park in Silver Lake. Most of the ride I was able to stay on side streets through our village. There was about a two to three mile stretch just before we got to the park that we had to ride on a county highway. It is pretty hilly out by us. Yes, that's totally subjective and doesn't give you any frame of reference... There are spots that can be steep in a car let alone on a bike. There was only one instance where I had to peddle to help the trike make it over the crest of the hill. It was also right after a stop sign so we started from a dead stop. At times it felt like the grade was bloody close to 45 degrees but in reality it's probably more like 30. Hopefully that helps to quantify "pretty hilly".

We got her up to 25 on a lengthy straightaway and topped out at 27.5 on a down slope. The motor cut out when we hit 27.5. I had disabled the speed limiter in the controller display right after I got it out of the box. That's as much as she'll give with the stock parts. Honestly I don't know that I'd want to ride this thing any faster than that with two people on it anyway. Got pretty squirrelly at that speed...

It was right around 5 miles from our drive way to the park. We put on another 5 miles on the roads/trails at the park and then another 5 heading home. 15 miles round trip. I would classify the trip as quite taxing on the motor / battery with the hills and weight on the bike. On the way back the display showing remaining battery life became a bit ambiguous. When chugging up hill the display would dip down to 1 Bar of battery life remaining once we powered over the top of the hill and started rolling down slope it would pop back up to 3 Bars of battery life remaining. I resigned myself to call it two bars remaining. We were pretty close to home at that point so no worries...

Over all I am super impressed with the speed, torque and power it has to pull ~350lbs or so up hill. I am less than impressed with the battery life or the "accuracy" of the display. Having said that I am extremely happy with this purchase and my wife and I look forward to a lot more rides to come. As a matter of fact, the battery should have some juice in it again and we're going to head out for another.

Back