Shorter Crank Arms for the Aostirmotor S17?

Scott Pellinger

Local time
8:21 PM
I recently purchased an Aostirmotor S17. I have short legs and would like to swap in shorter crank arms for the ones that came from the factory. Are there any shorter crank arms that will simply bolt on without any modification to the bike or crank arms?

Looking at a photo of this ebike, you should be able to unbolt the crank and replace it with whatever you want.

Attachments

• aostirmotor-s17.png
    aostirmotor-s17.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 134
If your bike has the square taper type of crankset then it's somewhat easy. I just changed the crankset on a friends voltbike from 175 I think it was to 152mm. His reason was a bit different, he was experiencing pedal strike trying to follow me on the trails. Pedal strike is when either side pedal on the downstroke hits a rock or stump, etc. He still has to pay attention but the smaller crank arms give better clearance. Purchased from Amazon, just search square taper cranksets. His bike came with a 44 tooth chainring but all I could find was in a single chainring was a 38 tooth.

The 38 helped as well making it easier for him to start off pedaling without needing the throttle.

Back