Shimano BT-e8016 630Wh alternatives?

Melgarpoe

Local time
9:41 AM
I'm in the process of getting an e-tandem built up for me and my wife. The process is being delayed however because the builder can't source a Shimano BT-e8016 630Wh battery. Does anyone know if there are any non-Shimano brand replacements for this battery or if that is even a thing with e-bike batteries. Or alternatively, anyone know of a source for the actual Shimano branded battery?

Thanks,
Michael

I was looking for the 504wh B8010 shimano battery without success. I found on line a battery that looked the same as mine but was identified as an "Intense Tazer" bike battery. I called the company selling it "Cycle Gear" and after some looking the guy helping me found that indeed the battery was a shimano B8010.
You might find your battery rebranded for some existing bike. search for 630wh bike battery (i would like 630Wh) for instance instead of the BT-E8016. Good luck
We have a Davinci tailwind ebike with shimano E7000 system I have two artificial knees and cant standup to get up hills. This E bike has been wonderful. I bought it from a big dealer in New Jersey called Tandems East.

Thanks! Great suggestion. Luckily I was able to find a Shimano BT-E8010 530Wh battery which is compatible with the BT-E8016 battery mount. REI had one is stock that I was able to buy, so until the 630Wh battery is available or I can find a rebranded one, we have something that is working well for us.

Thanks! Great suggestion. Luckily I was able to find a Shimano BT-E8010 530Wh battery which is compatible with the BT-E8016 battery mount. REI had one is stock that I was able to buy, so until the 630Wh battery is available or I can find a rebranded one, we have something that is working well for us.
Hi, I have an intense with a BT-E8010 530Wh battery, is it compatible with the BT-E8016? Thanks

Back