Setting Low voltage cutoff for 52v system on BBS02

Tmiller

Just finished my build with a BBS02 with a 52v battery. I have been programming and tweaking the settings. I purchased from a vendor who set up some programming before I got it. Was asked for Agressive/moderate riding and chose moderate. I assume the voltage for the cutoff was matched to the 52 volt battery. As I was using the programming tool and did a read of the stock settings to save to my PC, I noticed that the low voltage cutoff was set to 43. I changed it to 46 for a 52 volt system. When I went to write the settings, I got an error stating that the field was out of range. It would not accept anything larger than 43, This is where I have the setting now.

Thoughts?

HumanPerson

set it to 41 or 40
i havent checked but i believe mine is set to 38, i ride it down to 40v before i even think about charging it.

Tmiller

I have a chart that shows a 52 volt battery dead at 45 volts. How can a setting of 38 work without causing a massive under voltage of the 52 volt battery?

HumanPerson

i guess i may be confused
are you asking what the low voltage cut off is? there are a few variables there but for the most part
a 52v ebike battery low voltage shut off is anywhere from 41v down to 35v, depending on the
battery composition and the bms ..etc..etc..etc..

HumanPerson

It really all depends upon the battery cell chemestry, like the chemical composition, along with the BMS, if that makes sense.
It's weird really

HumanPerson

and the brand i'd think....seems like the cheap ones are hit and miss but some of the samsung and panasonic are good...or so others say.
very strange these batteries

Top Bottom