Self-Charging eMTB/Spin Bike

Heim

Local time
6:24 AM
I've been building self-charging mountain ebikes for years. It's been a great way to stay cycling fit and generate power to charge batteries from 12-50v. I charge all my bikes with human power this way year round. Extra energy goes to a micro solar bank for my LED shop lights. Sorry for the shaky camera, trying to pedal and record the power meters.

An awesome blast from the past from the Crackmeister/Father of the Heim3 Guide. I'm assuming you've moved on to thru axles so there's no need to remind you to "check your quick release." ;)

Haha!! Yes and I long ago converted this bike to solid bolt on 10mm axles. I found that video on an old drive. You still at Fox?

Haha!! Yes and I long ago converted this bike to solid bolt on 10mm axles. I found that video on an old drive. You still at Fox?

I haven't worked for Fox, but I did shoot that vid in 2001...

Last edited by a moderator:
Aha, my bad, now it all makes sense... Well good to hear from you and thanks again.

Found your project very interesting. In this process, A self-charging bike has also a variation that is charged when you push the brakes. It is possible to charge an electric bicycle while riding it thanks to a USB connection. The USB connection enables the electricity to be transported on its route to the battery when the motor on an e-bike is started by pedaling.

Back