SECURING BIKE TO CARRIER

rinejl

Local time
10:15 PM
I bought an ebike recently and needed a rack for my Subaru Forester to transport my new bike. I bought a Leader Accessories rack from Amazon and I like it a lot. However, I wanted to secure the heavy ebike better to the rack and the straps that go through each wheel were pretty whimpy. So I bought some nylon straps but they are less than satisfactory because of the cheap buckles (straps were very inexpensive). I watched a youtube video and some dude recommended a neat strap called Voila. Went on Amazon and there they were. I just received them (bought 3, 15" ones) and, as they say, invent a better mousetrap and they'll beat a path to your door to buy'em. Quick to attach and detach and they come in various lengths. I highly recommend.

I started using Voile (e not a) straps over a decade ago and have dozens now. They handle the cold, the heat, direct sunlight, and don't seem to wear with heavy use. I have a pair of them that have lasted longer than the 1st Fugoo XL speaker they held on my bike for over 5 years and are now securing its replacement. I agree with you, Jim. Stay safe.

20200515_164450.jpg

Back