Searching for user manual for a "S2" display / controller

rogerclark

Local time
10:46 PM
I just bought another eBike, and it has a color LCD which has "S2" as its model number, but the bike did not come with any manual for this display / controller

I've found the same display listed online here

But no manual download :-(

I've no been able to get the display into its settings mode, despite trying various button combinations, including holding "M" key in, holding + and - in , or holding various buttons in while turning on the display

There are 2 buttons on the handlebars, the usual - M + and also a separate On/Off button which you need to hold in for a few seconds to turn the display on.

I've got several ebikes and usually like to check the settings as they are sometimes incorrect when they leave the factory in China, I also wanted to disable the pedal input, becuse its not pressure sensitive and I prefer to just use the throttle, but the only way I've been able to do this is to disconnect the pedal sensor cable.

The display is on a folding fat bike, which is claimed to have a 750 or 800W motor.
The bike seems to be sold under various names including RX20
e.g

but most seem to have a black and white LCD display and mine has the color display

Edit.
I just found the display listed on AliExpress

But no manual to download :-(

Still not found a manual, but I've found if I double press the M button quickly, the display goes into some sort of menu mode.

It has menus P1 to P4 and A0 I guess I'll need to search for a display / controller which also has these menus, especially "A0" which seems a strange name for a menu

I'm trying to order a replacement display for this (TFT-S2) display. Daughter broke hers - At any rate, Check out ESPINBIKRS.com https://www.espinbikes.com/products/nero?variant=32422694977615 - then click on "support" - next "owner's manual" - then click on the picture of the NERO model - scroll down to page 19. - Below is direct link to user manual.

Now if you know where I can buy just (1) of this Sharpbike Model TFT-S2 - please let me know. -

Fantastic. Thankyou.

I already figured out that double pressing on the middle button on the controls, gets to the settings menu.

I can only see menus P1 to P4 and the strange menu called A05.

I see from that manual, that A05 seems to be some way to get to the advanced settings, i.e by entering 1801, but it does not say how to enter numbers, So that will take a bit of experimentation.

Thanks, but no single purchase on Alibaba = Have to buy in batch of (5) minimum, - - But again thank you.

OK. You may need to replace it with a compatible unit, but I'm afraid I've no idea what would be compatible.

You could try posting on this forum

They seem to be more knowledgable about these sorts of thing

@Sheltie Mom -According to the Sharpbike website, the display is compatible with Bafang BBS motors. Just about any of the popular modern displays will work. The biggest issue would be the connector from the display to the wiring harness and how accessible the connector is -and- programming the new display for the bike. If the Espin manual you linked to is for the bike in question, all the settings are shown and programming should be straightforward. I'm surprised the folks at Espin can't help with the display replacement. Good luck!

Still not found a manual, but I've found if I double press the M button quickly, the display goes into some sort of menu mode.

It has menus P1 to P4 and A0 I guess I'll need to search for a display / controller which also has these menus, especially "A0" which seems a strange name for a menu

I just bought another eBike, and it has a color LCD which has "S2" as its model number, but the bike did not come with any manual for this display / controller

I've no been able to get the display into its settings mode, despite trying various button combinations, including holding "M" key in, holding + and - in , or holding various buttons in while turning on the display

There are 2 buttons on the handlebars, the usual - M + and also a separate On/Off button which you need to hold in for a few seconds to turn the display on.

Ho diverse ebike e di solito mi piace controllare le impostazioni perché a volte non sono corrette quando lasciano la fabbrica in Cina, volevo anche disabilitare l'ingresso del pedale, perché non è sensibile alla pressione e preferisco usare solo l'acceleratore, ma l'unico modo in cui sono stato in grado di farlo è scollegare il cavo del sensore del pedale.

Il display è su una fat bike pieghevole, che si dice abbia un motore da 750 o 800 W.
La bici sembra essere venduta con vari nomi tra cui RX20
per esempio

ma la maggior parte sembra avere un display LCD in bianco e nero e il mio ha il display a colori

Modificare.
Ho appena trovato il display elencato su AliExpress

Ma nessun manuale da scaricare :-(
https://cmacewheel.com/cmacewheel-new-electric-bike-color-lcd/ here you have more information and the code to enter in the secret menu

Thanks so much for the link; I too have just got a new ebike with the S2 display and now I know how to set it up!!

Vielen Dank für den Link; Auch ich habe gerade ein neues E-Bike mit S2-Display bekommen und weiß jetzt, wie man es einrichtet!!
HHey, ich habe heute meinen Burchda RX80 auch erhalten. Der Verkäufer hatte mir im Vorfeld schon einen YouTube-Link geschickt, wie ich es auf 25km/h begrenzen kann. Auch die Amperezahl habe ich für die StVo gedrosselt. Jetzt fehlt mir nur noch der Gasgriff auf 6km/h zu begrenzen. Hast du schon rausgegunden wie?

Ich konnte nur über den - Knopf die Einstellung aktivieren, das ich über langes - Festhalten der Schiebefunktion aktivieren kann.

onnst muss ich den Gasgriff erstmal demontieren.

HHey, ich habe heute meinen Burchda RX80 auch erhalten. Der Verkäufer hatte mir im Vorfeld schon einen YouTube-Link geschickt, wie ich es auf 25km/h begrenzen kann. Auch die Amperezahl habe ich für die StVo gedrosselt. Jetzt fehlt mir nur noch der Gasgriff auf 6km/h zu begrenzen. Hast du schon rausgegunden wie?

Ich konnte nur über den - Knopf die Einstellung aktivieren, das ich über langes - Festhalten der Schiebefunktion aktivieren kann.

onnst muss ich den Gasgriff erstmal demontieren.
Hi Jansausbk. Great to see here messages from you on Burchada RX80:)).
Don't hesitate contact us when you use RX80. This is Phoebe, a professional e-bike manufacturer, that's want to sale Burchada for more marketplace in EU and US.

I've got several ebikes and usually like to check the settings as they are sometimes incorrect when they leave the factory in China, I also wanted to disable the pedal input, becuse its not pressure sensitive and I prefer to just use the throttle, but the only way I've been able to do this is to disconnect the pedal sensor cable.

The display is on a folding fat bike, which is claimed to have a 750 or 800W motor.
The bike seems to be sold under various names including RX20
e.g

but most seem to have a black and white LCD display and mine has the color display

Edit.
I just found the display listed on AliExpress

But no manual to download :-(
Hi I have same controller on a bike called Mamba Venom anyways may have to pick your brain from time to time on this controller

I also have a similar bike bought from cmacewheel, the RX20 Max with S2 display. When I try to limit the speed to 25km/h it wont hold 25, but it cuts the power instead and goes back on once the bike reaches below 25 which makes it impossible to use with speed limit. Mailed cmacewheel but they didn’t have any good answers.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Back