Schwinn Ridgewood charging port

Zeppelindad

Local time
8:59 PM
Hello, new to this forum. I recently bought a used Schwinn Ridgeland E-bike. I noticed that it wasn’t fully charging using the external port. Charged ok when I plugged directly into battery. I’ve already had to “bend” the female battery contacts to make better contact. I’m assuming this external port is just worn out. I’m pretty mechanical and have been in electronics 35 years so I’m sure I can do the repair. Just looking to see if anyone else has done this and can offer hints and possibly where I could find parts.
Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 107
I figured this out. Took apart the battery mount. I found that there is a two pin plug between the battery connectors and this charging port. The connector was connectors but the red and black wires going to the battery were never inserted into the mating connector. Plugged these in and charging good via port now. This external port must have never worked.

the controller box is just put in there under the battery. loose maybe it pulled it self out , and on my bike the connectors were loose. too so i did what you did female battery contacts to make better contact and the controller moves around i was going too use something to stop it moving

Hello, new to this forum. I recently bought a used Schwinn Ridgeland E-bike. I noticed that it wasn’t fully charging using the external port. Charged ok when I plugged directly into battery. I’ve already had to “bend” the female battery contacts to make better contact. I’m assuming this external port is just worn out. I’m pretty mechanical and have been in electronics 35 years so I’m sure I can do the repair. Just looking to see if anyone else has done this and can offer hints and possibly where I could find parts.
Thanks!
I also find if I plug it into bike to charge it gets hotter than directly into battery.
Also, didn’t notice until recently the reason my bike has not been able to make connection and stay in for monnnnnnths!!! and it’s because the left 3 prongs, when looking down at battery shaft while sitting on bike, were bubbled over with melted plastic. It’s why my battery wouldn’t pop open!

The controler box is loose in the bike it pull out the charging port conector the battery prongs do that on my schwinn too wonderlust take battery out there are Screws on the bottom of battery take out ! conector shuld be unplug i would put a brace so that controler does not move

Back