Samebike lo26 500W

Technofifi

Local time
5:59 PM
Hi. I bought a samebike lo26 500W from ebay to replace a previous one that had been stolen. I'm finding a lot of shortcomings on the new bike and the seller is kicking back on every issue I raise. First, I lose my chain just by backpedalling. On investigation I found that there are 12 "clicks" on the left thumb shifter. Surely there should only be 3 on a 21 speed bike???? Seller is saying the manufacturer supplies it with 12 settings. There were only 3 on the first one I had. Anybody happy to tell me how many they have please?
Second problem is that the throttle gives me LESS power than the PAS level I'm using. On my other one I could happily ride along on PAS1 then just hit the throttle if I came to a small hill and get more than enough of a boost to get up the hill without having to increase the PAS level. On this new bike I get no help from adding the throttle. In fact, if I'm cycling on the flat and I hit the throttle then stop pedalling, the bike slows by about 3kph, on a small hill I can lose 5-6kph.
Lastly, the s830 lcd. Can you think of any reason why I can't change well over half of the settings? I know that some are not supposed to be changed but I know for sure that I should be able to change P09 (zero/non zero start) and I can't, and I suspect that this might be the reason I'm getting such poor performance from the throttle. The only settings I can change are P01, P02, P08 AND P16. Is this a faulty unit or is there something I can do to make the other settings accessible to me?
Sorry for asking so many questions in one go but I have a strong suspicion I've been sold a dud.

So, I just want to make sure I got this right, you had one before, and your new Samebike, is not the Same Bike?

They may have added an EU setting, you may be able to bypass it, you may not. Study that Chinglish manual.

Yes, I also have many clicks on the left shifter. So I keep on clicking until the front ring moves to where I want it to be. On a previous bike, the shifter has no clicks. I just push or pull it until the gear changes (that’s probably why I did not mind it until you raised this issue). I agree it should onlly have 3 clicks, just like having 7 on the right shifter.

I have not tried changing the other settings - just the LCD brightness and speed limit. Mine is LO 26 II model, same as yours.

Hi. I bought a samebike lo26 500W from ebay to replace a previous one that had been stolen. I'm finding a lot of shortcomings on the new bike and the seller is kicking back on every issue I raise. First, I lose my chain just by backpedalling. On investigation I found that there are 12 "clicks" on the left thumb shifter. Surely there should only be 3 on a 21 speed bike???? Seller is saying the manufacturer supplies it with 12 settings. There were only 3 on the first one I had. Anybody happy to tell me how many they have please?
Second problem is that the throttle gives me LESS power than the PAS level I'm using. On my other one I could happily ride along on PAS1 then just hit the throttle if I came to a small hill and get more than enough of a boost to get up the hill without having to increase the PAS level. On this new bike I get no help from adding the throttle. In fact, if I'm cycling on the flat and I hit the throttle then stop pedalling, the bike slows by about 3kph, on a small hill I can lose 5-6kph.
Lastly, the s830 lcd. Can you think of any reason why I can't change well over half of the settings? I know that some are not supposed to be changed but I know for sure that I should be able to change P09 (zero/non zero start) and I can't, and I suspect that this might be the reason I'm getting such poor performance from the throttle. The only settings I can change are P01, P02, P08 AND P16. Is this a faulty unit or is there something I can do to make the other settings accessible to me?
Sorry for asking so many questions in one go but I have a strong suspicion I've been sold a dud.
I also bought the ebike , and did not change other settings, and the experience of using it is very good. However, if you really want a new one, you can also consider other brands, such as jinghma or lankeleisi-bikes.

Hi,

Can someone post a video about default settings?

I tried everything, but the bike is only going with 15-16km/h and original settings were changed (not by me).

Back