Samebike 20LVXD30 Folding Electric Bike Pedal Assist Upgrade

lauranne

Local time
12:08 PM
I acquired a Samebike 20LVXD30 Folding Electric Bike with 20" tires. It's a neat little bike with a lot of cool bells and whistles, but my only complaint is the one level pedal assist. I'm brand new to the ebike world, so my question is what's involved in converting it into a multi level pedal assist bike if it's even possible? I'd like to think that changing the LCD control panel would take care of it, but I'm sure it's more complicated than that...Please help!

Adding more pedal-assist levels would probably be complicated, needing a new controller and display. That's possible, but perhaps not for this particular bike.

However, here's a video showing how to adjust the maximum speed allowed under pedal-assist by reprogramming the controller; it doesn't add more levels but you might find it useful to gain speed with more throttle.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info...I maxed the speed limiter (but haven't changed the tire size yet), and the speedometer shows I'm going way faster. Pretty sure I'm not going as fast as it says, but I'll see on my second speedometer. It feels like it's a little faster. As far as the pedal assist, I figured that the one level "all or nothing" would be scary, but it's not bad. I'd still like to figure out the multi-level pa eventually.

Back