Roll Road Emma 3.0

danpenn

Local time
3:10 AM
Recently bought a Roll-Road Emma 3.0. Got it together with some minor problems, got it unlocked, and on the road.
My favorite bike that I have owned was the Himiway Escape, so a lot of my review of the Emma will be in comparison to the Escape.
I wanted a moped style bike with a little more top end speed and street tires which don't buzz like the knobbies on the Escape. The Emma does those two.

So far, minor gripes about getting the seat bolted on. Getting the nuts on to the bolts inside the frame was almost impossible because of the lack of space inside the battery compartment under the seat. It takes baby size hands and the bike upside down. Even then all 6 of the holes don't properly line up so all the nuts can be tightened properly. I'll have to work on that some more. I managed to get 3 nuts on and tight. The seat is firmly attached.
The second bolt hole misfits are on the luggage rack that goes behind the seat. When the side bolts are in, the vertical bolt holes don't line up. I used zip ties the in place of those. I zip tied a half milk crate on to the rack to carry my lock, cable, and bungie cords. Same as I did on my Himiway. And a pair of mirrors.
Here's a photo of the Emma as it sits right now.

Attachments

• tempImagetpYauh.png
    tempImagetpYauh.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
I just got mine- this is my third Emma- I own 2- 2.0 and now a 3.0. Great bikes, heavy duty. Great speed but 2.0's max out at 30 and 3.0 like 34mph. Unfortunately, 3.0 only has a 28a controller for a 1500w Sutto motor and 2- 52v20ah batteries which does not allow for the full power of the motor. This could easily get to 40+. My girlfriend and I go on it every weekend ( 450lbs weight limit) and cruise the town and hit up some shops and restaurants. For $2000, it's worth it.

White walls! Very fancy.
Yea, put them on my Emma 2.0 but when I got the 3.0- had to move them over because they just looked so good on the all black. Took the CST tires and put them on my White Emma 2.0 which looks awesome. The Vee Speedster tires are great for the road and thats mainly what I use my bike for.

Hey just got mine today and was trying to unlock my cruise control. I somehow screwed up some of the settings. Like now it just unlocks using the power button the smart key is not needed, not good. Do you know where I can find a listing of the proper default settings for each of the submenus. Thank you.

Hey just got mine today and was trying to unlock my cruise control. I somehow screwed up some of the settings. Like now it just unlocks using the power button the smart key is not needed, not good. Do you know where I can find a listing of the proper default settings for each of the submenus. Thank you.
Mine did the same. The manual has all the settings listed up to P17. But I set P21 with a 4 digit code. Do not put the same code in P22 because it will turn off NFC. I'm now able to unlock with NFC or code

Mine did the same. The manual has all the settings listed up to P17. But I set P21 with a 4 digit code. Do not put the same code in P22 because it will turn off NFC. I'm now able to unlock with NFC or code
Thank you that fixed that issue. Still hoping to find a detailed listing of all settings and the default settings. I have emailed the company maybe they will be able to provide, if so I will share here.

Also, you can may want to change P06 to about 22- thats for tire size so if you use 24, it makes you seem faster than you are actually going.

But what the Emma 3.0 doesn't do well is pedal power without the throttle. It has a single small rear sprocket. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I took mine out the other day and was mainly using pedals no throttle. I would vary my pedal assist from 2-5 depending on the terrain. So not sure if you are trying to maintain a certain speed or just need a boost. But in playing around for me pedal assist level of like 7 was way to easy it was like free spinning but 3 was a good blend for me.

I don't feel any effect from pedal assist unless I have some throttle on.

Is this the same on your Emmas?

No I feel it right away. So that is in menu P10 = 2, P11 adjust to liking from 1 to 24 P12 is starting intensity from 0 to 5 try 5. See if that helps.

Thanks for all your advice but I I found the cause of no PAS on my bike. I found a broken wire from the torque sensor to the controller. RollRoad is sending me a new sensor and some tools.

Thanks everybody for the information. I had the same problem of not being able to lock the power button. I put a four digit code into parameter 21 and that turned off the power button as an easy 'on' switch.

I have pedal assist, at last! The replacement sensor and tools came from Roll-Road today and it's already installed with help from their install video. Works great!
And here's what they sent me.
IMG_2338.jpeg

A very classy set of tools. I offered to sent them back because I already have all this tools, but they said don't bother. The box came from China.

If anyone is considering buying an Emma 3.0 or any other Roll-Road bikes, they should do it now while the price of the Emma 3 is discounted to $2000 tax and shipping included. The original price of $2700 will come back soon.
IMG_2320.jpeg

Back