Replace or Swap Controller - How to find the correct Controller?

I might actually want to get a fancy throttle instead of a full on display.
They have some on AliE that show voltage and some that even do the pas setting.

Anyone have experience with these? Are they comparable with a legit KT if I decide to go that way without a display?

How are you going to program the KT controller without a display? My thoughts are that a ebike is only as good as how well it it been programmed. Example in relation to a throttle. I have my throttle response set relative to the PAS level. It can be set alternatively to operate at max level totally independent of PAS.

If I had my throttle operating at MAX the bike would be a horror to ride up hill on rough ground. In the situation I find peddling in the right gear and a mid level PAS level and just using the throttle very lightly works well giving me good control.

I have a programming cable to set values on the controller.

I don't really care what brand controller I get as long as it's reliable and does what I want it to do.

Ideally, I want a controller with no features that I'm not going to use. Im thinking of going without the hals as well but I'm doing more research before I make that decision.

I have a programming cable to set values on the controller.

I don't really care what brand controller I get as long as it's reliable and does what I want it to do.

Ideally, I want a controller with no features that I'm not going to use. Im thinking of going without the hals as well but I'm doing more research before I make that decision.
A cable that works with a KT? As far as I have ever seen, the only way to do the necessary P and C settings is to use the integrated display interface. Its a Bafang that has the ability to plug in thru a cable and supplement the very limited display options.

Seems like what you want is going to come from a full custom approach. Something like a BAC800 or a Grin controller and then invest time learning their programming interface. Or find a controller that supports VESC and go from there. Thats where the fancy programming gets used. Not in something you buy from AliExpress.

Endless Sphere is a better place to be asking for stuff that works at that level as there are plenty of people there who do custom controllers.

Is there a specific sequence to connect the wires on KT controller or does it not matter,I read somewhere that you should first connect in a certain way.

I replaced the controller on my velotric as it had only speed control and no torque control. I got an kt controller, display, harness and pas to match up with the connectors. Had to make a motor adapter connector and a brake light connector adapter. The brakes originally were 2 wire so I had to swap out the levers for 3 wire(more modern). Having done all that it is a vast improvement.

Back