Remove speed limiter on 2020 Phoenix A3 Chinese ebike?

dr0832

Local time
5:29 AM
I have a Phoenix A3: 20" foldable ebike, which I imported from Tabao in China. It is the style with a hidden battery and 250w's. Unfortunately, it currently only has a max speed of 25kph (15mph) which is quite slow. I was wondering if anyone knows about how to remove the speed limiter to increase it to 32kph, or if this bike actually has a speed limiter? I tried several tricks with no success.

Attachments

• ebike.zip
    15.7 MB · Views: 255
Last edited:
I have a Phoenix A3: 20" foldable ebike, which I imported from Tabao in China. It is the style with a hidden battery and 250w's. Unfortunately, it currently only has a max speed of 25kph (15mph) which is quite slow. I was wondering if anyone knows about how to remove the speed limiter to increase it to 32kph, or if this bike actually has a speed limiter? I tried several tricks with no success.

View attachment 692
View attachment 693
View attachment 694View attachment 695
Have you tried all ways to get into the controller or metmete

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried all ways to get into the controller or metmete
To be honest with you I don't believe there's any changes that could be made to this bike. Controller display on the handlebars shows only the battery level. I'm not sure a 250 W motor could do much more than 15 miles an hour in the first place.

250 watts on a folding bike is for city cruising. Over 15 mph may not be good for the motor.

Are there any wires not connected ? One of my ebikes has a wire which is labelled "Road Legal Switch"

Or there may be 2 wires joined together which don't go to the handlebars which are this wire, set to its Road Legal setting

Back