Reevo Bike finally arrived

BuGless

Local time
9:20 PM
Yesterday, on my doorstep, the actual bike (I'm located in the Netherlands, Europe).

A week ago, I received an E-mail explaining that the courier company is going to contact me to schedule a delivery attempt. They warn, that if the scheduled delivery cannot take place due to me being unable to receive the bike, it will cost 204 EUR extra for the next delivery attempt (I'm not quite sure what the price policy behind this is, but maybe the courier's standard delivery charges are so tightly calculated that this is the only way they can cover their costs).

Anyway, even though the courier company did not contact me to schedule the delivery, a truck spontaneously appeared on my doorstep yesterday. The driver inquiring if he was at the right address to deliver a bike? I said: "Maybe, let me check what's on the box." as I walked with him to the truck... And lo and behold, it said Reevo on the side. Yes, please!

After unloading it together with the truck driver, I had it in my garage.

After taking off the old kickstand, and putting on the new one, fastening the steering handlebar (careful how you fit it, there four ways to fit it, only one is correct; the instructions don't really warn about this), I'm ready to put on the pedals (either look for the little R and L, or just use common sense and fit the three-prong-sides where your toes are going to be).

At some point it tells you to insert a SIM card into the bike, but as it turns out, it already has a SIM in it. I'm probably going to replace it with my own SIM, because the bike-equipped-one probably needs a subscription somewhere, which I don't like. But for now I'll leave it in and charge the battery. After two hours I plug in the battery in the bike; you need the provided physical key to actually lock the battery in place. It appears that to charge the battery you have to remove it from the bike. It's not possible to charge the battery while still inside the bike.

Getting the bluetooth connected is a bit finicky. First of all, the instruction leaflet does not tell you the initial bluetooth pairing password is visible on a sticker on the back. Then after pairing it is a bit of a struggle to reconnect properly after changing the bluetooth pairing password (the app and/or phone sometimes seem confused about the connected state; make sure to disconnect both the app and the phone from the bike before re-pairing).

Then it starts to update the bike firmware. For some reason it does that twice (for the exact same firmware version). Not a real problem, just confusing.
After that, everything should be normal. As it turns out, connecting via bluetooth sometime requires two or three tries.

The app sometimes requires you to lock the bike before changing a setting. I'm not quite sure why that is. It seems more complicated than it needs to be. A cursory inspection of the app does not readily show where I can check/change the maximum speed. I wanted to ensure that it is 25 km/h (which is the legal requirement here).

When taking the bike for a spin, the first impressions are:
  1. The bike is heavier than expected.
  2. The bike makes more noise than expected (rolling noises from the wheels).
  3. The steering handlebar stem is way shorter than I'd hoped for. Here in NL we like to sit upright when biking, not bend down on the steering wheel.
I suppose the first two issues are a result of the hubless design; which makes me wonder if issue 2) can be reduced a bit by putting more grease on the ball bearings in the wheels.

The instructions and provided nuts and bolts to attach the mudguards are a bit inconclusive. It seems like some screws are missing.

Then I tried to remove the battery again, in order to charge it. The markings on the key-slot prove inconclusive as to which position of the key actually is the locked position. As it turns out (after searching frantically for videos on the internet that demonstrate locking/unlocking the battery), the higher position is the unlocked position. Once it is unlocked, apply force to shift the battery towards the steering shaft, then pull the battery out by tilting it up.

Preliminary takeaways:
  • It indeed looks as cool as on the videos.
  • The ball bearings add considerable roll-friction.
  • The battery needs to be removed for charging.
  • Riding it in an upright position is (sadly) not really possible.

Just a short summary of the pros and cons that I have already experienced:

Cons:
  • Bike is heavier than expected.
  • Relatively high rolling resistance due to the many bearings.
  • Relatively too much noise when rolling (without motor; also due to the many bearings).
  • Battery cannot be charged while in the bicycle.
  • Ordered the longest / highest possible steering frame, and then I still have to bend over on the bike. It seems to be closer to a mountain bike model than a normal bicycle.
  • Connecting with bluetooth sometimes fails.
  • No gear selection, at higher speeds this means that the pedals move around like crazy (very unpleasant/inefficient).
  • So far setting a maximum speed limit in the app seems impossible; I assume this can be added later with a firmware update. A power limitation is possible, but in our neighbourhood we have a lot of 10% gradients on normal roads; a power limitation for those roads does not cut it (you can no longer climb the slope).
  • The battery sometimes does not come out easily (stuck).
  • Foam-filled tires are rock hard at low temperatures and therefore uncomfortable.
  • The saddle supplied as standard is quite hard. It is still unclear to what extent this is easy to replace with another saddle that is bought locally.
  • The included fenders look a bit cheap, the instruction manual for this is too brief, and screws are missing for mounting.
Pros:
  • It actually looks as cool as it does in the promo videos.
  • Fingerprint lock works properly.
  • Brakes are good, also down a 10% slope.
  • Lamps are excellent. It is only a bit unclear how the direction indicators are supposed to work.
  • The brake lights are perfect.

Blinkerfunktion: Den Fingerscanner kann man ganz leicht nach links und rechts verschieben.

Hallo,
Auch ich habe letzte Woche mein Reevo (nach 2 Jahren) erhalten. Logistik mit Anruf der Spedition hat funktioniert, aber der Fahrer wusste dann doch von keiner Telefonnummer.

Ich meinem Bike war allerdings keine SIM-Karte eingelegt. Abos um die GPS-Funktion zu aktivieren (wo ist mein Reevo?) kann man über die Reevo-App erwerben.

Bisher habe ich nur eine kurze Fahrt gemacht: Leider muss ich auch feststellen, dass der Antrieb sehr laut ist. Ich finde auch nichts bei Reevo über eventuelle Wartung oder mögliches Fetten der Felgen.

Insgesamt ist das Bike zwar gut gestaltet, aber an einigen Stellen (Akku-Abdeckung, Abdeckung der Lampen, ...) :verwirrt:hätte man doch etwas mehr Liebe erwartet.
Meine Reevo App zeigt mir zwar die Geschwindigkeit an, aber ich habe auf den 600 m noch nicht rausgefunden, ob das mph oder km/h sind. :ROFLMAO:
Auf jeden Fall muss man recht schnell treten. Dafür sollte doch auch das adaptive Antrieb sein um eine normale Fahrwiese zu ermöglichen, oder ?

Hat jemand hier andere Erfahrungen ?

BIKE: Lieferung Deutschland mit 250er Antrieb.

Yesterday, on my doorstep, the actual bike (I'm located in the Netherlands, Europe).

A week ago, I received an E-mail explaining that the courier company is going to contact me to schedule a delivery attempt. They warn, that if the scheduled delivery cannot take place due to me being unable to receive the bike, it will cost 204 EUR extra for the next delivery attempt (I'm not quite sure what the price policy behind this is, but maybe the courier's standard delivery charges are so tightly calculated that this is the only way they can cover their costs).

Anyway, even though the courier company did not contact me to schedule the delivery, a truck spontaneously appeared on my doorstep yesterday. The driver inquiring if he was at the right address to deliver a bike? I said: "Maybe, let me check what's on the box." as I walked with him to the truck... And lo and behold, it said Reevo on the side. Yes, please!

After unloading it together with the truck driver, I had it in my garage.

After taking off the old kickstand, and putting on the new one, fastening the steering handlebar (careful how you fit it, there four ways to fit it, only one is correct; the instructions don't really warn about this), I'm ready to put on the pedals (either look for the little R and L, or just use common sense and fit the three-prong-sides where your toes are going to be).

At some point it tells you to insert a SIM card into the bike, but as it turns out, it already has a SIM in it. I'm probably going to replace it with my own SIM, because the bike-equipped-one probably needs a subscription somewhere, which I don't like. But for now I'll leave it in and charge the battery. After two hours I plug in the battery in the bike; you need the provided physical key to actually lock the battery in place. It appears that to charge the battery you have to remove it from the bike. It's not possible to charge the battery while still inside the bike.

Getting the bluetooth connected is a bit finicky. First of all, the instruction leaflet does not tell you the initial bluetooth pairing password is visible on a sticker on the back. Then after pairing it is a bit of a struggle to reconnect properly after changing the bluetooth pairing password (the app and/or phone sometimes seem confused about the connected state; make sure to disconnect both the app and the phone from the bike before re-pairing).

Then it starts to update the bike firmware. For some reason it does that twice (for the exact same firmware version). Not a real problem, just confusing.
After that, everything should be normal. As it turns out, connecting via bluetooth sometime requires two or three tries.

The app sometimes requires you to lock the bike before changing a setting. I'm not quite sure why that is. It seems more complicated than it needs to be. A cursory inspection of the app does not readily show where I can check/change the maximum speed. I wanted to ensure that it is 25 km/h (which is the legal requirement here).

When taking the bike for a spin, the first impressions are:
  1. The bike is heavier than expected.
  2. The bike makes more noise than expected (rolling noises from the wheels).
  3. The steering handlebar stem is way shorter than I'd hoped for. Here in NL we like to sit upright when biking, not bend down on the steering wheel.
I suppose the first two issues are a result of the hubless design; which makes me wonder if issue 2) can be reduced a bit by putting more grease on the ball bearings in the wheels.

The instructions and provided nuts and bolts to attach the mudguards are a bit inconclusive. It seems like some screws are missing.

Then I tried to remove the battery again, in order to charge it. The markings on the key-slot prove inconclusive as to which position of the key actually is the locked position. As it turns out (after searching frantically for videos on the internet that demonstrate locking/unlocking the battery), the higher position is the unlocked position. Once it is unlocked, apply force to shift the battery towards the steering shaft, then pull the battery out by tilting it up.

Preliminary takeaways:
  • It indeed looks as cool as on the videos.
  • The ball bearings add considerable roll-friction.
  • The battery needs to be removed for charging.
  • Riding it in an upright position is (sadly) not really possible.
So the bottom line is what? Knowing what you know now would you buy again?

• Ordered the longest / highest possible steering frame, and then I still have to bend over on the bike. It seems to be closer to a mountain bike model than a normal bicycle.
  • No gear selection, at higher speeds this means that the pedals move around like crazy (very unpleasant/inefficient).
The above two issues are actually a dealbreaker. If I'd known those two in advance, I probably wouldn't have bought it.
All other stuff you can live with (up to a point).

Is this the bike you have?
Reevo-Hubless-E-Bike-1.jpg

Yes, that looks a lot like mine.

Incidentally, one other thing I noticed is that it appears that some idiot decided that having the steering axis pointing almost exactly through the rotational center of the front wheel is a good idea. This of course makes riding this bike without either hands on the handlebars very hazardous.

A properly designed bike has the steering axis point to a spot slightly BEHIND the rotational center of the front wheel; doing it this way ensures that riding the bike without hands on the handlebars works as intended.

BuGless, You have THE most futuristic bike I've ever seen. FAR too cool! My only recommendation is to get a suspension seat tube.
I get how there must a hell of a lot of bearings in each wheel - and some noise.

I know all about that long wait time. I ordered my E-CELLS Super Monarch Crown (real name, unfortunately) in November of 2022 and it FINALLY arrived in March of 2023!
Ya wanna talk HEAVY? My e-mtb has 2 wheel drive, 2 batteries and dual suspension and weighs 95 pounds!
Yeah, a "beast" but I need that 400 pound load limit to haul boned-out elk, deer and antelope meat here in Nevada, USA when I have a successful hunt. Hate ATVs so I got a heavy duty "utility" bike. The headquarters of E-CELLS is just 40 miles from Las Vegas and 60 miles from my house in Henderson, NV. Good in case I have any problems with it that a local e-bike shop can't solve. I had TANNUS tire liners (and smaller inner tubes) put in the tires to protect from thorns and cactus spines here in the Mojave Desert where I ride.

After researching 2 wheel drive e-mtbs I found that the E-CELLS bike was made with higher quality components and had many more features for less money than any of the others. As a bonus the company is located nearby, as mentioned.
Eric B.

Just a short summary of the pros and cons that I have already experienced:

Cons:
  • Bike is heavier than expected.
  • Relatively high rolling resistance due to the many bearings.
  • Relatively too much noise when rolling (without motor; also due to the many bearings).
  • Battery cannot be charged while in the bicycle.
  • Connecting with bluetooth sometimes fails.
  • So far setting a maximum speed limit in the app seems impossible; I assume this can be added later with a firmware update. A power limitation is possible, but in our neighbourhood we have a lot of 10% gradients on normal roads; a power limitation for those roads does not cut it (you can no longer climb the slope).
  • The battery sometimes does not come out easily (stuck).
  • Foam-filled tires are rock hard at low temperatures and therefore uncomfortable.
  • The saddle supplied as standard is quite hard. It is still unclear to what extent this is easy to replace with another saddle that is bought locally.
  • The included fenders look a bit cheap, the instruction manual for this is too brief, and screws are missing for mounting.
Pros:
  • It actually looks as cool as it does in the promo videos.
  • Fingerprint lock works properly.
  • Brakes are good, also down a 10% slope.
  • Lamps are excellent. It is only a bit unclear how the direction indicators are supposed to work.
  • The brake lights are perfect.
Do you have some pictures of you with the bike?

Hallo,
Auch ich habe letzte Woche mein Reevo (nach 2 Jahren) erhalten. Logistik mit Anruf der Spedition hat funktioniert, aber der Fahrer wusste dann doch von keiner Telefonnummer.

Ich meinem Bike war allerdings keine SIM-Karte eingelegt. Abos um die GPS-Funktion zu aktivieren (wo ist mein Reevo?) kann man über die Reevo-App erwerben.

Bisher habe ich nur eine kurze Fahrt gemacht: Leider muss ich auch feststellen, dass der Antrieb sehr laut ist. Ich finde auch nichts bei Reevo über eventuelle Wartung oder mögliches Fetten der Felgen.

Insgesamt ist das Bike zwar gut gestaltet, aber an einigen Stellen (Akku-Abdeckung, Abdeckung der Lampen, ...) :verwirrt:hätte man doch etwas mehr Liebe erwartet.
Meine Reevo App zeigt mir zwar die Geschwindigkeit an, aber ich habe auf den 600 m noch nicht rausgefunden, ob das mph oder km/h sind. :ROFLMAO:
Auf jeden Fall muss man recht schnell treten. Dafür sollte doch auch das adaptive Antrieb sein um eine normale Fahrwiese zu ermöglichen, oder ?

Hat jemand hier andere Erfahrungen ?

BIKE: Lieferung Deutschland mit 250er Antrieb.
Hallo kannst du mal ein paar fotos von dem bike schicken von dir wie es in echt aussieht?
Und nicht bon der Reevohompage? Danke

Hi

Just come across this post and was wondering if you still have the Reevo bike and if yes how is it going?

Thanks

Tony

Back