Rebuild Addmotor M80

Kingofgreens

Local time
2:23 PM
I recently bought an Addmotor M80 ebike.

It has a barfang 750w hub motor and a generic looking controller as well as a battery that looks like it came from a less than reputable builder.

Anyhow, I kinda like the overbuilt frame so I'm thinking of giving this beast a new life.

Dose anyone have any suggestions for a good controller that'll plug and play with the barfang 750w? I'd like 30-40 amp and a small size to fit into the frame cutout but any suggestions welcome.

I'd of course be willing to buy a better battery once I figure out what's best bang for my buck.

So basically what I'm asking is someone to share resources for good hardware deals and or any experience they think might be helpful

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_155028.jpg
    IMG_20220516_155028.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 150
I recently bought an Addmotor M80 ebike.

It has a barfang 750w hub motor and a generic looking controller as well as a battery that looks like it came from a less than reputable builder.

Anyhow, I kinda like the overbuilt frame so I'm thinking of giving this beast a new life.

Dose anyone have any suggestions for a good controller that'll plug and play with the barfang 750w? I'd like 30-40 amp and a small size to fit into the frame cutout but any suggestions welcome.

I'd of course be willing to buy a better battery once I figure out what's best bang for my buck.

So basically what I'm asking is someone to share resources for good hardware deals and or any experience they think might be helpful

Thanks
Based on what have written seems like you bought a used custom build. The reason I say that is the Bafung motor ahas a built in controller. I would contact Grim Tech in Vancouver, BC they have a number of controllers that work with your motor.

Based on what have written seems like you bought a used custom build. The reason I say that is the Bafung motor ahas a built in controller. I would contact Grim Tech in Vancouver, BC they have a number of controllers that work with your motor.
The rear hub motors do not have a built in controller

It's a 48v 750w bafang. I think it's what was called an 8fun. I know it's an older model.

Attachments

• IMG_20220710_073923.jpg
    IMG_20220710_073923.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20220712_114231.jpg
    IMG_20220712_114231.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 85
Back