Read this before ordering a Himiway E-Bike

My brother bought a cruiser last year and I bought a Zebra recently. Nothing but good to say about the bikes and the people we delt with. Both bikes were flawless when delivered. I know when I have a problem with a vendor I let it be known. I wonder whose experience is the norm. For now I am going to assume I am in the majority and hope that everyone else reaches an equitable outcome.
I am the OP but have to agree with your comment. I have had zero issues with my Himiway Cruiser.

It seems that Himiway have really fixed the initial issues people were having with their bikes and customer support. But you have to realize anytime you buy from an offshore company there are going to be issues when needing parts.

The solution to most of these issues is to use quality parts when building the bikes like Himiway does. Many people don't know that HImiway uses one of the largest Mfg of e bikes in China to build their bikes. In fact the same one RAD and several well known brands use.

To resurrect this thread like a zombie, I ordered my Zebra in July 2022 and was promised shipping by the middle of the month. That went by and they told me sometime in August, no wait, late August. Then they told me last week that the bike would ship this week after I asked why they are showing in stock for new orders but haven't shipped my bike yet. It's the end of the day on Thursday and still no shipment. Their customer service still sucks. Even if the excuse that my bike has been delayed because of covid issues (likely in China) is valid the least they could have done was tell me. I can be very patient when kept informed and told the truth, now I just want my money back and will probably order an Aventon Aventure

I can only advise everyone decidedly against buying a bike here. After defects in the brakes immediately after the purchase, this company does not repair or provide the refund promised for 1 month. Communication with customer service is really bad !!
Handy away from Himiway ! ! !

I can only advise everyone decidedly against buying a bike here. After defects in the brakes immediately after the purchase, this company does not repair or provide the refund promised for 1 month. Communication with customer service is really bad !!
Handy away from Himiway ! ! !
Well I'm stuck now. They called me out and generated a shipping label. Hopefully I get one of the good ones and not a defective PoS.

I would like to remind everyone thinking of buying a new e Bike from one of the many companies selling them directly to consumers with no "dealer" support". These are mass produced bikes and may suffer from less than great Quality Control. Buying directly from a China based business offers much better pricing but can be a real pain if you need customer support.
My advice is to pick a company that has been around a few years and builds there bike using as generic as possible components as possible. This will allow you the end user to buy and replace parts that may be defective in the future. Himiway is build by a very large bike mfg in China that build bikes for other popular brands such as RAD and many others.

I would like to remind everyone thinking of buying a new e Bike from one of the many companies selling them directly to consumers with no "dealer" support". These are mass produced bikes and may suffer from less than great Quality Control. Buying directly from a China based business offers much better pricing but can be a real pain if you need customer support.
My advice is to pick a company that has been around a few years and builds there bike using as generic as possible components as possible. This will allow you the end user to buy and replace parts that may be defective in the future. Himiway is build by a very large bike mfg in China that build bikes for other popular brands such as RAD and many others.
I only chose the brand after watching and reading every review I could find about the specific bike. With my weight and budget my choices were very limited and the Himiway looked like it was a major brand on the ebike scene. I only started to find the negative feedback once they already had my money.
I agree with you that going to a local bike shop is well worth it if you have the extra money to do so. I've been scammed and learned my lesson the hard way. These direct to consumer companies make themselves look American to suck you in and then do everything they can to keep your money after the fact.

The only thing that helps is to get a lawyer. It is important to defend yourself against it in such a case....

I've been looking and reading about E bikes for over five years. Recently my interest has increased once again and I've been reading reviews on YouTube of the Hemingway fat bikes. All those reviews were very positive so I finally ordered one on March 3, 2021.

Within a few hours I received an email confirming the order and gave an approximate delivery date of March 7, 2021. On the fifth I emailed the company trying to confirm the shipment date when a check of the FedEx tracking number said that the label has been printed but the item has not been picked up yet. I received a response to that saying that there was a delay and that it would be shipped soon. Another email from me to the company was responding to with an excuse that FedEx was really backed up and could not pick up the bikes for him to look for an update within 5 to 10 working days.

I called the supplied customer support number at 816 Area code which is located in Kansas City when the company is supposed to be in Brea California. I spoke to somebody by the name of Jack and he was supposed to be customer service but was extremely unprofessional and tried to tell me that they have to have a whole truck full of bikes to ship before FedEx will come and pick them up. The more I question him on the validity of that statement the more irritated he got and he finally terminated the call.

After this conversation I did a Google search on problems with him and we bike shipments it came upon a better business bureau history of problems with this company which can be found at this site: https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/chino/profile/online-retailer/himiway-1066-850059481/complaints

It seems all the reviews of the products may not have spoken to the problems with dealing with this company if you have a problem with your bike seems to be many of them from the product not working to At least one of the complaints was that the bike caught on fire.

I purchased the bike through PayPal that debited my credit card hopefully giving me at least two avenues in which to cancel and receive my money back. I have opened a dispute through PayPal but PayPal is saying it's going to be the end of March before they can do anything they have to allow the company adequate time to respond. So right now I'm out $1449 and I am questioning whether I will ever get the product get a refund or get any help from PayPal

Up Date: See my comment on March 28th. 2021.
We bought Himiways….a fat tire cruiser and a step thru cruiser….had to dog the shipping but they came in about 2 weeks. Discovered that the headlight on my Cruiser didn’t work so as a check a took the headlight off the step thru and it worked and so it began with customer service. I explained my problem and they wanted me to take a video of switching the headlight from one bike to the other. I sent them a scathing message that I just purchased 2 new bikes and it’s ridiculous for me to send a video. They relented and sent me the updated headlight and it’s much brighter than the original. Moral of the story is their customer service is horrendous but you got to be persistent to get results. So far after 300 miles all good and we love our bikes!

I only chose the brand after watching and reading every review I could find about the specific bike. With my weight and budget my choices were very limited and the Himiway looked like it was a major brand on the ebike scene. I only started to find the negative feedback once they already had my money.
I agree with you that going to a local bike shop is well worth it if you have the extra money to do so. I've been scammed and learned my lesson the hard way. These direct to consumer companies make themselves look American to suck you in and then do everything they can to keep your money after the fact.
I did pretty much as you did and choose the Himiway for same reasons you did. Like you I found the negative information after sending the money. I may have gotten lucky as I got my bike pretty fast and haven't had any issues with it since. Hopefully you'll get your bike without issues and enjoy it as I have done.

I've been looking and reading about E bikes for over five years. Recently my interest has increased once again and I've been reading reviews on YouTube of the Hemingway fat bikes. All those reviews were very positive so I finally ordered one on March 3, 2021.

Within a few hours I received an email confirming the order and gave an approximate delivery date of March 7, 2021. On the fifth I emailed the company trying to confirm the shipment date when a check of the FedEx tracking number said that the label has been printed but the item has not been picked up yet. I received a response to that saying that there was a delay and that it would be shipped soon. Another email from me to the company was responding to with an excuse that FedEx was really backed up and could not pick up the bikes for him to look for an update within 5 to 10 working days.

I called the supplied customer support number at 816 Area code which is located in Kansas City when the company is supposed to be in Brea California. I spoke to somebody by the name of Jack and he was supposed to be customer service but was extremely unprofessional and tried to tell me that they have to have a whole truck full of bikes to ship before FedEx will come and pick them up. The more I question him on the validity of that statement the more irritated he got and he finally terminated the call.

After this conversation I did a Google search on problems with him and we bike shipments it came upon a better business bureau history of problems with this company which can be found at this site: https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/chino/profile/online-retailer/himiway-1066-850059481/complaints

It seems all the reviews of the products may not have spoken to the problems with dealing with this company if you have a problem with your bike seems to be many of them from the product not working to At least one of the complaints was that the bike caught on fire.

I purchased the bike through PayPal that debited my credit card hopefully giving me at least two avenues in which to cancel and receive my money back. I have opened a dispute through PayPal but PayPal is saying it's going to be the end of March before they can do anything they have to allow the company adequate time to respond. So right now I'm out $1449 and I am questioning whether I will ever get the product get a refund or get any help from PayPal

I've read through all the comments in this thread, and that's a nasty experience. I can understand that any company might experience unexpected delays now and then, but there is no excuse for lack of communication. There is also no excuse for rudeness to anyone, and especially to a customer! That's another reason why I'm glad I decided on Magicycle. The customer service has been excellent. I own three of them now...two full-size fat tire cruisers and one 20" fat tire cruiser for my wife. I think next year they will introduce a full suspension EMTB and I'll probably find an excuse to add that one to my "e-bike herd." Somebody said you can't have too many e-bikes, but I'm running out of room in my garage :)

We bought two Himaways…A fat tire Cruiser and a step thru….had some hick ups with qualifying delivery and had a warranty issue with the fat tire cruiser but at the end of the day Himaway came thru and made it right. We have put 300 miles on each with no issues only sad because winter has set in and is limiting our riding time!

Back