RANT: It's not the rain, it's the drivers!

CloneWerks

Local time
9:21 AM
Facing the prospect of not really being free to ride for multiple nights due to impending weather I took a chance on a clear break to do a short ride. Ugh. The skies opened up on me halfway through my 8 mile loop and all I could do was finish the run.

• Was I dressed appropriately? Check
  • Ziploc baggie over control computer? Check
  • Additional waterproofing that I did to the bike? Check
  • Lights and high vis? Check

BUT

TWICE on the ride auto drivers rammed right through long puddles and just drenched me in gritty, muddy, bilgewater. At least I still had my hose hooked up at home so I could rinse the bike off when I was done. I let it drip-dry in the garage with a "blower fan" on it while I showered and then cleaned and re-lubed the chain and drivetrain. It all looks fine this morning but damn it pissed me off!

Inconsiderate drivers are out there and can be downright rude.....take some eggs with you.....get even! LOL!
It's funny to think such things, but doing that in today's age can "egg on" the situation to spiral out of control.

Facing the prospect of not really being free to ride for multiple nights due to impending weather I took a chance on a clear break to do a short ride. Ugh. The skies opened up on me halfway through my 8 mile loop and all I could do was finish the run.

• Was I dressed appropriately? Check
  • Ziploc baggie over control computer? Check
  • Additional waterproofing that I did to the bike? Check
  • Lights and high vis? Check

BUT

TWICE on the ride auto drivers rammed right through long puddles and just drenched me in gritty, muddy, bilgewater. At least I still had my hose hooked up at home so I could rinse the bike off when I was done. I let it drip-dry in the garage with a "blower fan" on it while I showered and then cleaned and re-lubed the chain and drivetrain. It all looks fine this morning but damn it pissed me off!
There are A- Holes everywhere you go these days.

Back