Raleigh Retroglide ie Battery not charging

kaaaaahle

Local time
12:22 PM
Hello,

I have a Raleigh Retroglide ie that I purchased a couple years ago. It has a detachable rear mount battery that is made by TranzX. The model of the battery is BL-07.

The battery has a standard wall-plug charger that has a 4-pin XLR connector type.

The battery has a power button that when you press, it will show you the charge level. The battery does turn on and indicates it is low (1 bar illuminates).

However, when I plug in the battery to charge, nothing happens. The light on the charger stays green (normally turns red to indicate charging) and the battery does nothing (normally the level indicator starts flashing to indicate charging).

I have tried replacing the charger, albeit with a non-oem charger that has the same specs and plug type, and the same thing happens (charger light stays green when plugged in). I do not think the battery is broken per se since it does turn on and power up the bike.

Any advice? This is a $600 battery that is not more than a couple years old, and I have had zero luck getting in touch with the manufacturer. The store I bought the bike from basically told me I need to find a licensed Raleigh dealer that can order new parts as they no longer sell the bike (I wonder why...)

I am wondering if I should take the battery apart and see if I can test the BMS or charge port or if I should just continue my hunt trying to locate someone that can help me with this bike.

Let me know if posting any photos would help.

Thank you!!
- Kyle

I have the same battery bl 07
Im having problems with a bad cell in the pack draining it below 42 volts over time
...i suggest you do what i did and buy a triangle battery and tap into the original battery connector with a xt60 pigtail...and you are all set...you only lose the battery level on the screen though and the range calculator. I have the diamond back lindau 500 watt rear hub motor ive purchased two 13 s 48 batteries for less than the price of one tranzx bl07

If you happened to use a higher amperage charger like a Grin Satiator set over 4 amps it could have blown the internal protective fuse. Same thing could happen if you accidentally shorted the charging lead. Open it up and check fuses

Back