RadRover 6 plus chain upgrade

Texas eBiker

Local time
11:41 AM
Howdy from Port A / SoTex. I have a new RR 6 Plus ST & I need to upgrade the chain. I only ride at the beach ... and sand, rust & corrosion ... is killing the stock chain.

RR support says the replacement specs are 1/2"x 3/32". Does anyone have suggestions on high-quality chain brands I should pursue?

Thanks in advance,
Jeb @ PortA.Today

I would love to know what you found out. My chains are rusted. Support said should be 120 links. All the ones if see are 116. I ride the beach also.

I understand your "pain" - for me it was the calipers on my Porsche 911 inside my Parking Garage and and under a Cover. If you can "smell ocean" - you are subject to rust.

The major/major chain maker KMC - has their chain series EPT Corrosion Resistant Chain Series - if you check I would reomment E8 EPT 8 which if I remember correctly is 122 links - originally developed for European mid-drives - heck easier to drop 2 links than adding links:

CLICK HERE AMAZON KMC E8 EPT DARK SILVER 122 LINKS

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back