Radexspand 5 handle bar issues??

Otto

Local time
7:23 AM
I have been reading and looking at video reviews for a while , I like the the radexspand five
except for for the fact that it only has one stem bolt fastener that tighten to steering tube
seems to be the case with other fold bikes too, I am talking about the part below where
the handle bar brakes.
Anyone here has the Radexspand 5 and you got any issues withe handle bar coming
loose? Check out the video link below, its kinda poorly shot but it for sure has me
thinking that this bike may have a problem with stem one bolt only to tighten to steer
tube, especially if the stem part is made out of plastic.
I need something that can hold up to forest service road / dirt roads / not too
rough trails, no I am not talking MTB style trails or that type of riding.

I'd begin searching hardware stores, lowes, home depot...for some type of metal clamp/collar that you could use on that gooseneck stem.

I'd think Rad would have made that collar metal instead of plastic eh?

Ok to be clear , I don’t have this bike but I am looking to buy a folding e bike , the stem colar
part on a folding handle bar is not easy part to modify or find of the shelf, I have not seen this
bike in person and the nearest place too see one is very far away from me.
so any radexpand 5 owners on here I hope can shed some lite on this? The video link
I posted is kinda of iffy ? No video reviews or written reviews mention this problem if there even
is one??

Yes there are other fold ebikes to chose from but I like this one, and a removable battery
without Having to fold the bike is a must for me, I like the Lectric bike to and the price on
it but is deal killer because you have to fold the bike to get battery out.
I will only be using the handle bar folding part for the most part, all I got to do is
fold the handle bar down and it will fit under neath my bed in my camper Van and wont
need to take front wheel off.

anyone? Anyone out there? Must be some exspand five
owners on here? Anyone out there calling 911 are you
there????

Back