Rad expand 5 or lectric xp2.0 or rad runner

Pretty clear that everyone who doesn't agree with him is a moron and everything ebike related that he doesn't approve of is a POS.

Pretty clear that everyone who doesn't agree with him is a moron and everything ebike related that he doesn't approve of is a POS.
Not at all, that's why I told him what I know from experience, the best possible way to have the best possible Class-1 thru Class-3 ebike. There are "A" ton of "A"ssholes that will suggest the che"A"pest cr"A"p available, even when they have no ebike experience themselves... those are the morons in my opinion.

All you do is name-calling, putting other people down and assuming everyone else has the same criteria as you for an ebike.
Simply put: your opinion is invalid.

Thanks for proving my point, there you go again, assuming you know anything about me or how much I ride.
Topic of thread is not about me, stop deflecting; try to stay on topic if you can even manage that.
Even though you probably have zero experience with Radexpand 5, lectric xp2.0, radrunner or anything similar.

At least I ride more than I post about my rides. :LOL:

You know what they say about opinions.....they are like butt holes....everyone has one...some stink. As for ebikes......it just depends what you want and how you plan to ride.....I have a Lectric XP 2.0.....great bike for my needs....I ride 5 to 7 miles a day for exercise.....I wanted folding so I could take camping....the bike is well made.....comfortable for a 6'4" guy.....came fully assembled....I added air to tires and charged it.....I did make one minor brake adjustment to front........Lectric customer service is excellent......I bought the comfort seat.....very nice.....the price of the bike is attractive......I am sure I will get years of enjoyment from this bike.......in pedal assist 1 and 2.....I get about 30 miles out of a charge....more than enough for me.......this is my honest opinion......I don't really care if anyone disagrees.

Hello I know just getting into e bike. Looking into either radexpand 5 or lectric xp2.0 or radrunner utility bikeor the wagon(or any in these general style). any experience or testimony would be great . Main concern is price and if it worth paying an extra like $600 for the rad power bike in general. The payment plan is either $50ish a month or $100 month. Not much difference but is it worth it?
Everyone saying "buy a Bafang kit and install on your fav mountian bike" is missing the obvious question of FOLDING ebikes.

Wish people would answer the question asked instead of going off on a tangent.

Yes mid-drives lasts longer and cost more than hub-drive.

Folding bikes advantage is for roadtrips and transporting, they can be folded, dropped in a Rubbermaid tub, and carried in the car trunk vs buying a bike rack strong enough to hold a 65 lb ebike, and lifting that 65 lb ebike up onto your bike rack.
Try $500-900 for a bike-rack that can safely solo-lift, carry, and secure lock 2 ebikes, because you are not gonna want a cheap window-mounted bikerack with that weight on the back SUV window if you come to a sudden stop.

A carbon-fiber ebike can save some weight for solo lifting the ebike onto a bike rack, but the Bafang motor-controller and a 52volt 20Ah battery isn't exactly light at 25-30 lbs, even a Bafang BBS02 drive can put a lot of torque on a bike-frame, 50x what a normal rider can do, and does it multiple times a minute, do not use a racing frame, get a used Giant Escape hard-tail off ebay is a safe value-for-money bet if youre building your own.

If you never plan to travel with your bike, do a "convert your mountainbike" buy and install a $500 Bafang mid-drive and $400 battery to a used mountain bike, that drive is powerful and mid-drive will run forever with no service.

But if you plan to take your bike camping or RVing alot, or to trails you have to drive to, and dont have the budget for a $500-900 heavy-duty bike rack with heavy-lift assist, get a folder like you asked about here, seriously just do it. Amy of those folding bikes you listed will make you much happier than people telling you to build your own.

Radcycles is the way to go in Pacific Northwest, in that region they have service vans that can get your bike working again even on a mountain trail.
You are paying a bit of a premium for their service dept but if you want off the beaten path in the Pacific Northwest, the cost difference will MORE than make up for the backwoods cycling trip your chain broke and their service team comes and gets you back on the trail, all ebikes are heavy you do not want to walk a broken one back down a trail the first time this happens to you, and trust me it will, you will understand. I dont have a Radcycle but if I moved to the PNW I would get one for extra peace of mind.

Lectric XP has sold a lot of folding ebikes, more than any other ebike mfg by a long shot, people love them, and they climb hills better with their 500w motor than 80% of the "750watt" bikes, the Radcity has a bigger battery but I wouldnt say the 60% higher cost is worth it, but...if you live in a rural area that extra battery range might be worth it not to risk dragging an ebike back down a trail.

Lectric has one game-changer few people appreciate yet since the 2.0 and thats if you want the option save gas grocery shopping, the $150 cargo package that is a huge front-tray, and 2 each big & small basket that can go in front or back.

That 1 cargo package fits ALL Lectric ebikes being sold: XP 2.0, XP step-thru, Lite, and Premium

The $150 cargo package is huge heavy duty steel baskets and front-tray that mounts to a 4-threaded bolt mounting plate on back and front of ALL Lectric bikes, you can turn any Lectric bike into a cargo bike that can haul half a shopping cart, or a rider seat on the front tray that could hold a teenager.

Now I wouldn't want to haul half a shopping cart of groceries on a Lectric Lite 300watt motor very long or very often, if yourr gonna haul groceries up a hill go with the XP 2.0 for a bigger motor and drive, but you have a solid frame with heavy duty mounting points to build a cargo bike for $1250 on the XP 2.0, and you can add a 2nd battery if you need more range (hauling that much will half your range on a 10.4Ah battery), or you can take the baskets off with 4 quick bolts if you use haul groceries occaaionally when you go camping or something. Tons of happy Lectric owners are fine with it stock, plenty more love customizing and upgrade

Hello I know just getting into e bike. Looking into either radexpand 5 or lectric xp2.0 or radrunner utility bikeor the wagon(or any in these general style). any experience or testimony would be great . Main concern is price and if it worth paying an extra like $600 for the rad power bike in general. The payment plan is either $50ish a month or $100 month. Not much difference but is it worth it?
  1. What is your typical use going to look like?
  2. What future uses do you see?
  3. How far will you ride it per day?
Knowing the answers to these questions will help us recommend something appropriate for you.

In general Rad bikes have a good reputation for quality and customer service, but as "A" says, the specs are humble. No shocks on any affordable bike, for one thing. Styling can be a bit ... industrial for some tastes.

I bought my first Lectric, and XP Lite a couple weeks ago. Good quality and pretty well-designed. Based on that, I wish I'd bought an XP 2.0 instead of my heybike Ranger, whose brake quality is not very good. Brake rotors are warped already at 200 miles, and they've screeched from Day 1. All this for $400 more than the XP 2.0. Seats are going to be universally bad on all of them in this price range. On the other hand, I like the cast wheels on the Ranger, as opposed to the spokes on every other bike in this price class. Spokes will be a failure/maintenance point on bikes.

The Rad bikes are generally better suited to carrying heavy cargo loads, with the rear racks integral to the frames. (front rack is bolt-on in all cases)

I'm new to ebikes and looking at the RadExpand5 and Lectric2.0 long range. Both seem to be decent bikes in a reasonable price range. Both fit many categories I want, but one truly important thing is the power to make steep grades due to where I live. I'm a 79 female and don't want to be pushing my bike up a hard-to-walk incline. Any insight or experience is appreciate. Thanks!

I'm new to ebikes and looking at the RadExpand5 and Lectric2.0 long range. Both seem to be decent bikes in a reasonable price range. Both fit many categories I want, but one truly important thing is the power to make steep grades due to where I live. I'm a 79 female and don't want to be pushing my bike up a hard-to-walk incline. Any insight or experience is appreciate. Thanks!
It's been a month since your post but if you haven't decided already, I recently bought a pair of Lectric XP 2.0 Long Range and have been up several relatively steep hills. Haven't needed a pedal assist level higher than 3 but when I tried 4 I was able to fly up a steep hill at almost 20mph with very little effort. Haven't tried a Rad Power but after researching and looking at a bunch of different brands and models I decided on the Lectric.

One minor caveat - although they are fully assembled out of the box, you still need to do a couple of things like drop the handlebar post into the bike and inflate the tires. There is also a good chance that the brakes and derailleur will need to be adjusted. If you're not mechanically inclined you will find this to be almost impossible and will want to take it to a bike shop. Unless you're very handy, this may be a good idea just so they can take a look at it and make sure everything is fine (no bent wheels, no bent brake rotors, etc..). Any bike shop can do it since these are standard components for all bikes, not just ebikes. What you will find is that most bike shops will not work on any of the electronics though.

Back