Rad expand 5 or lectric xp2.0 or rad runner

diabetic

Local time
11:40 AM
Hello I know just getting into e bike. Looking into either radexpand 5 or lectric xp2.0 or radrunner utility bikeor the wagon(or any in these general style). any experience or testimony would be great . Main concern is price and if it worth paying an extra like $600 for the rad power bike in general. The payment plan is either $50ish a month or $100 month. Not much difference but is it worth it?

It's worth it if this is the bike you are considering. It looks to have two batteries.
RadRunner Plus only has single battery.

Hello I know just getting into e bike. Looking into either radexpand 5 or lectric xp2.0 or radrunner utility bikeor the wagon(or any in these general style). any experience or testimony would be great . Main concern is price and if it worth paying an extra like $600 for the rad power bike in general. The payment plan is either $50ish a month or $100 month. Not much difference but is it worth it?
You have to determine if the dual battery range of the Lectric XP Premium is important for you.
Are you riding 50+ miles per ride?
Do you need to have an ebike with 50-70 mile range of dual battery?
Do you have a preference of mid-drive motor vs hub motor?
Lectric XP Premium is a GREAT value for all that it comes with, but do you need all the bells & whistles that it comes with?
I think only you can answer those questions.

RadRunner Plus only has single battery.

You have to determine if the dual battery range of the Lectric XP Premium is important for you.
Are you riding 50+ miles per ride?
Do you need to have an ebike with 50-70 mile range of dual battery?
Do you have a preference of mid-drive motor vs hub motor?
Lectric XP Premium is a GREAT value for all that it comes with, but do you need all the bells & whistles that it comes with?
I think only you can answer those questions.
I was just looking at the xp2.0 no premium pack just base model at half the price of the rad power bikes in general only real reason I'm looking at them but I really drawn to the e rad power bike over all

Bikes from RadPower cost more because they offer customer service that may be available in-person if you live in certain area.
The additional cost is not worth while if the in-person service cannot be offered in your area.

Lectric may not have the same customer service available, but their bikes are better spec'ed and cost much less.
If you can find shops that help you service your Lectric ebikes, then you don't need the service that Rad Power offer.
More than likely the issues you may encounter with ebikes do not need a ebike shop to complete.
With some minor tools & mechanical knowledge, you can do most of the maintenance an ebike need.
Specific motor or firmware related issues, they don't occur all that often, warranty usually could cover those.
Whichever you decide, you need to like the bike you buy.

None of them is worth even the ridiculously low prices set. You get what you pay for.

Recommendations then. For sub $2k preferably sub $1500
Find the right bike for how you want to ride, it might already be sitting in your garage, and mount a BBSHD or BBS02 and the largest lithium pack that it can hold. $600+ for the motor, $500 or more for the battery. No production ebike under 4K is worth bothering with if you plan to actually ride.

Cheap ebike was a gateway for me to get in ebiking...
Another way to say that would be "I wasted money on buying something that I had to upgrade once I realized that I'd made a poor purchase". ANY ebike is fun to ride for someone that has never ridden an ebike before.... I did a lot of research and used my mind rather than listening to people that are either trying to sell crap ebikes, or the people that bought crap bikes and wanted to feel better about wasting money so they still recommend them to others, and worst of all the people that just recommend anything on YouTube for views, meaningless thumbs-up and as a means to beg from others. I've always been big on spending my money as smart as I can. A bike is a machine, an ebike even more so and if you start out with a cheap POS then you are going to spend more and more to keep it running, or... it's just going to end up in a landfill. It's so easy to have a great ebike, not as easy as buying a piece of crap online... but easy. Stay safe.

Bassett, do you have the stock bbshd controller or did you upgrade?

I cant remember if we spoke about this. Have you gotten the cable to tune the controller settings?

Another way to say that would be "I wasted money on buying something that I had to upgrade once I realized that I'd made a poor purchase". ANY ebike is fun to ride for someone that has never ridden an ebike before... like virgins f***ing. I did a lot of research and used my mind rather than listening to people that are either trying to sell crap ebikes, or the people that bought crap bikes and wanted to feel better about wasting money so they still recommend them to others, and worst of all the people that just recommend anything on YouTube for views, meaningless thumbs-up and as a means to beg from others. I've always been big on spending my money as smart as I can. A bike is a machine, an ebike even more so and if you start out with a cheap POS then you are going to spend more and more to keep it running, or... it's just going to end up in a landfill. It's so easy to have a great ebike, not as easy as buying a piece of crap online... but easy. Stay safe.
So what are you recommending exactly build my own. Never even cross my mind to do that. Right now I Don't actually own a bike currently and I don't know enough right now to even know what to get. I mean sure. I can buy the motor(when money allows). I just got done looking. so many different thing to consider. Teeth count motor size. Battery and ect...

Bassett, do you have the stock bbshd controller or did you upgrade?
When I got my original BBS02 I used an Eggrider (I don't recommend them) to dial everything in where I thought it would work best for me. Then I experimented with those setting some using a data cable. When I installed the BBSHD I didn't change a thing just to see how the factory setting worked for me, and have left them alone since. Jackasses and businesses that want to sell to jackasses push the BaFangs to their limits (and beyond) shortening the life of the motor and increasing bike maintenance and part replacement significantly. I bought two more controllers, tested each to know they work and carry one with me whenever I have the front panniers mounted. BaFang sets them up to last longer and with far less outright failure. I very seldom ever use more than 500W and probably less than 1/2 of 150nm of torque, you don't need to if you can use the bikes gearing the way God intended. If I have 130 to 150 lbs. of gear on the bike and pulling a 90 lb. trailer having 1 1/3 h.p. on tap lets me know I can still ride anywhere that I want to ride. The old "it's better to have more than you need than less" philosophy. The funny thing is that it's easy to have a high-speed ebike if that's what you want. It's more about gearing than it is h.p., but jackasses want little motorcycles that are both quick, and fast even if that means minimal range and that isn't what the BBSXX series of mid-drives were designed for. If you want a Class-1 to 3 ebike (by the 2002 CPSA definition) they're almost perfect. I've told every person that asks about owning an ebike the same thing for almost 7 years now... find the perfect bike for how you want to ride, hang a BBSXX mid-drive on it, find the largest pack that the frame can hold (not two small packs... that's a selling gimmick for morons), and you can have a better ebike than any comparable manufactured ebike on the market. If you want fast, you can make it fast. If you want it to crawl through sand, snow, and mud, you can have that. If you want it to be able to climb or have the longest distance possible or pull a loaded deer cart 8 miles back to your truck, you can do all those things. I wanted an ebike that would ride further than I would ever want to ride in a day, that was comfortable enough to be able to push that limit for years, that's reliable, self-maintainable (up to a point, I'm not a "wrench"), and most important of all that can ride anywhere in America that bicycles are allowed, that means a Class-1 ebike. 37+K miles, with yearly maintenance and part replacement, but... I also have Rohloff Speedhub (I cannot possibly recommend them enough), arguably the world's best suspended touring bike frame, coupled with the best components. I saw one online vendor guaranteeing 1000 miles on their ebike, a whole thousand miles. 99% of ebike riders don't want a great ebike, they want a cheap ebike, using a BBSXX lets you have the best of both.

...so many different thing to consider. Teeth count motor size. Battery and ect...
Then start studying and saving money. It's not just the bike you have to learn about but the motor and the battery. Batteryuniversity.com is a great place to learn about ebike batteries.

And just how many production ebike under $4k have you owned for you to offer decent comparisons with ebikes under $2k?
Your criteria for ebike purchase fits for everyone else?

Say that you have a 20 y-o bike in the garage not meant to support the extra weight of an electric motor, controller & the largest lithium pack that it holds; the frame buckles the first time you reach 29 mph and tries to brake as hard as you can to avoid impact. Is that still worth the investment of the conversion?

OP asked for comparison between two specific models, if you don't have experience with either and consider both not to be worthwhile; what have you got to contribute to the discussion?

As if you know how EVERYONE lost their virginity?
Just like you know what's best for EVERYONE who's looking to get an ebike?
You did a lot of research, so you know what ebike EVERYONE needs, right?

Being big on spending your money as smart as you can doesn't mean you know what's good for everyone; that's just assuming that you are smarter than EVERYONE. What a joke.

When I got my original BBS02 I used an Eggrider (I don't recommend them) to dial everything in where I thought it would work best for me. Then I experimented with those setting some using a data cable. When I installed the BBSHD I didn't change a thing just to see how the factory setting worked for me, and have left them alone since. Jackasses and businesses that want to sell to jackasses push the BaFangs to their limits (and beyond) shortening the life of the motor and increasing bike maintenance and part replacement significantly. I bought two more controllers, tested each to know they work and carry one with me whenever I have the front panniers mounted. BaFang sets them up to last longer and with far less outright failure. I very seldom ever use more than 500W and probably less than 1/2 of 150nm of torque, you don't need to if you can use the bikes gearing the way God intended. If I have 130 to 150 lbs. of gear on the bike and pulling a 90 lb. trailer having 1 1/3 h.p. on tap lets me know I can still ride anywhere that I want to ride. The old "it's better to have more than you need than less" philosophy. The funny thing is that it's easy to have a high-speed ebike if that's what you want. It's more about gearing than it is h.p., but jackasses want little motorcycles that are both quick, and fast even if that means minimal range and that isn't what the BBSXX series of mid-drives were designed for. If you want a Class-1 to 3 ebike (by the 2002 CPSA definition) they're almost perfect. I've told every person that asks about owning an ebike the same thing for almost 7 years now... find the perfect bike for how you want to ride, hang a BBSXX mid-drive on it, find the largest pack that the frame can hold (not two small packs... that's a selling gimmick for morons), and you can have a better ebike than any comparable manufactured ebike on the market. If you want fast, you can make it fast. If you want it to crawl through sand, snow, and mud, you can have that. If you want it to be able to climb or have the longest distance possible or pull a loaded deer cart 8 miles back to your truck, you can do all those things. I wanted an ebike that would ride further than I would ever want to ride in a day, that was comfortable enough to be able to push that limit for years, that's reliable, self-maintainable (up to a point, I'm not a "wrench"), and most important of all that can ride anywhere in America that bicycles are allowed, that means a Class-1 ebike. 37+K miles, with yearly maintenance and part replacement, but... I also have Rohloff Speedhub (I cannot possibly recommend them enough), arguably the world's best suspended touring bike frame, coupled with the best components. I saw one online vendor guaranteeing 1000 miles on their ebike, a whole thousand miles. 99% of ebike riders don't want a great ebike, they want a cheap ebike, using a BBSXX lets you have the best of both.
Copy that. I'll have to look into that speedhub thing ya talk about.

... I'll have to look into that speedhub thing ya talk about.

The best IGH on the market... $1600.00 pre-Covid dollars. It pairs with a BBSXX like they were made for each other. I will never own another bike without one, but then I may never own another bike.

Yeah i have been using the eggrider as well. I like it. Just been cruising at 9 to 14mph but it pulls the hills without losing any speed.

Not even sure what the top end would be. Yeah hopefully i am playing it safe i bought another controller with stock settings and another ludi v2 controller. Am diggin the BBSHD ;)

The best IGH on the market... $1600.00 pre-Covid dollars. It pairs with a BBSXX like they were made for each other. I will never own another bike without one, but then I may never own another bike.
After i get another 60v battery i'll save for that IGH

I mean I wouldn't mind building one but I kind of want one now and I can finance it. It may not be the best but I can get one and save up and get parts to build one. Just need one to go to and from work and possible go grocery shopping ( only a few items). And just get out and ride around for the summer

Back