Rad Wagon Cargo ebike Review?

dba

Local time
3:02 PM
Hello everyone, We're interested in purchasing a Rad Wagon e-assisted family ebike. Reviews are pretty good online and the price tag might just work for us. Does anybody have any experience with this bike?

I bought a Rad Wagon in February and I am very happy with it. I use it to commute to work for 7 miles each way with a really big hill. I am setting it up to carry my young kids. I found it reasonably easy to set up and I am no bike mechanic! I had an initial issue with a bent in transit / defective fork. I emailed the company and sent them some pictures and they were very responsive in sending me a new fork on the mail.

Looks like a nice eCargo bike. Option for 2 child seats on the back parcel rack and a range of other accessories too - front parcel rack, rear panniers.

RW4GIF.gif

Attachments

• rad wagon accessories animation.gif
    rad wagon accessories animation.gif
    163.8 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Hello everyone, We're interested in purchasing a Rad Wagon e-assisted family ebike. Reviews are pretty good online and the price tag might just work for us. Does anybody have any experience with this bike?
Tundra weather has finally left Iowa. Flowers are out & really look forward (once the rain stops) to going from Village to Village in our small community. We have 4 of our 7 villages, connected with a marked, hard surface trail. I'm in South Amana, IA.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
@dba We see plenty of Rad Wagons with young families pedaling around our beach communities of North County San Diego, especially the Solana Beach, Cardiff and Encinitas areas. Probably a great option for some folks. Electric Bike Review named it the Best Cargo Bike 2021 and the feedback from clients looks positive:

It’s a shame RadBike doesn’t use a larger lithium ion battery on that beast as it has to weigh a lot.

I got my Radwagon in 2018, I think. I've got almost 6000 miles on it. (Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter)
I am an old bike nut going back 50 years. The radwagon was my first ebike and my first cargo bike. It has become my run to the store bike.
I my problems with the bike have been minor and routine for the most part...
--The controller going out at 1000 miles but the Rad Power people replaced it at no cost, after some email communication.
-- The design of the bike makes changing the rear wheel/tire a pain in the butt and the nuts tend to loosen themselves.
--I had a lock washer on the rear axal shear off at about 2500 miles
--Ordering a new battery was a problem. They sent the wrong one 1st time.

I have bought a new ebike because the Radwagon was too big to transport with ease, so I don't ride it as much as I once did. It is still part an active part of my fleet.

Back